Security: Common Access Card Information
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
4301 Jones Bridge Road
Bethesda, Maryland 20814-4799
FAX (301) 295-1901
After hours emergencies
Contact the USU Security Guard Force at (301) 295-3038 or 295-3039
Common Access Card (CAC) Information
CAC General Information
- The Security office is responsible for initiation of CAC applications for all contractors, volunteers, affiliates and civilian students
- In order to receive a new CAC or renew a CAC, all of the above personnel must be initiated and verified in the TASS system by USU Security
- If you are a new hire Civilian, allow 7 to 10 business days from start date for system to update. USU personnel can insure that they are verified in the rapids system by calling the DMDC support office at (800) 538-9552
- In order to obtain a CAC, all personnel will have to have a favorably completed background investigation, a valid government email and a signed and completed TASS Entry Sheet
- In order to obtain a CAC, contractors will need to have a valid investigation, signed and completed entry sheet, and a "CTR" identified email address
- To verify your investigation contact your contractor representative. For Henry Jackson employees, contact Mr. Joseph Ford at (301) 295-9820.
- Once you have confirmed that you have a valid investigation, CTR identified email and a completed entry sheet, you will need to contact Ms. Nelly Alvarez at (301) 319-4124 in order to schedule an appointment
The nearest CAC issuance point is PSD Bethesda located at Building 17 on Taylor Road. PSD BEthesda can be reached at (301) 295-0103.
PSD Bethesda Appointments
Walk-ins at PSD Bethesda (Building 17)
- Monday - Friday
- 7:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Two valid forms of ID
- * The USU identification badge is an unacceptable form of identification for CAC pick-up
Fill out the Report of Loss form and return to USU Security Office