Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
4301 Jones Bridge Road
Bethesda, Maryland 20814-4799
FAX (301) 295-1901
After hours emergencies
Contact the USU Security Guard Force at (301) 295-3038 or 295-3039
Normal Duty Hours- 0600 (6:00 a.m.) to 1900 (7:00 p.m.), Monday- Friday.
Secure Hours- 1900 (7:00 p.m.) to 0600 (6:00 a.m.), Monday through Friday, all day Saturday and Sunday, plus holidays.
Areas restricted to authorized personnel only. These areas will have signs posted at entrances stating that unauthorized personnel are not permitted in the particular work area.
Access into USU
During normal working hours, access into USUHS will be unrestricted for all authorized personnel. All persons will display a valid USU identification card. All entrances will be unlocked and available for use.
During secure hours, personnel must enter and exit via Building B, ground floor, near the Security Guard office.
Persons desiring entry into USU during secure and non-secure hours, and appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be denied entry and held until the arrival of National Naval Medical Center (NNMC) base police.
During secure hours, all building entrances/exits are locked and/or monitored by a security alarm system. Personnel will be admitted to the facility in accordance with the following procedures:
- USU Personnel who have a USU identification badge will not be required to sign in/out, but will be required to stop at the Security Guard office and display their identification badge. The USU identification badge must be displayed at all times while on the USU campus.
- USU personnel who do not have their identification badges on their person will be required to produce and exchange valid picture identification for a visitor badge, and sign in/out. Visitor badges will be issued and must be turned in when departing USU.
- Visitors will be required to sign in/out at the Security Guard office and will exchange a valid form of picture identification for a visitor. s badge in order to gain access to USU. All visitor badges must be returned upon departure.
- Group Meetings- Notices and requests regarding group meetings must be on file and initialed by a member of the Physical Security Staff or the USU Security Officer. Sign-in/out procedures will vary according to the size of the meeting. As a standard rule, persons attending large meetings will not be required to sign in/out. Sponsors of the group/conference/meeting shall:
- Be responsible for obtaining visitor identification badges from the USU Security Office, UP001 for the participants of the event. Personnel will enter and exit via the ground floor doors in Building B in order to gain entry to the reserved area.
- Provide advance notice to the USU Security Office, during secure hours, to expedite sign-in procedures, to include if necessary, a list of attendees.
- Be responsible for the conduct of attendees and for assuring compliance with USU security measures. Will identify them to the Security Guard Force as the meeting sponsor, and provide their confirmed room request.
- Be the first in and last out at these meetings.