Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
Department of Psychiatry
4301 Jones Bridge Road
Bethesda, Maryland 20814-4799
Phone: (301) 295-3294
Fax: (301) 295-1536
Family Violence and Trauma Project
A research project on family violence in the U.S. Army ...
The objective of this project is to conduct research on family violence in the U.S. Army from which policy can be developed to prevent family violence and treat its victims. Specific research goals are to:
- Analyze the Army Central Registry and publish those analyses.
- Manage the review process of scientific protocols and manuscripts of family violence research submitted to the Community and Family Support Center (CFSC).
- Monitor ongoing research for further research and policy development, and establish liaison with other federal agencies in family violence research.
- Create an active scientific data base of family violence literature, assist with the establishment of Centers of Excellence as model Army programs for furthering education and training in family violence
- Provide responses, briefings, papers, and staff studies for the HQDA FAP manager to questions involving scientific aspects of spouse and child abuse, and assist investigators in the field with their research.
James E. McCarroll, PhD, MPH
Senior Scientist and Director
John H. Newby, DSW
Robert J. Ursano, MD
Carol S. Fullerton, PhD