Medical and Clinical Psychology
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
4301 Jones Bridge Road
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
Phone: (301) 295-9669
FAX: (301) 295-3034
Civilian Ph.D. Applicants
General Information for Applicants to Civilian-Track Programs
The USUHS Department of Medical and Clinical Psychology offers two civilian-track Ph.D. programs for civilian students. Civilian students can earn a doctorate in either Medical Psychology or Clinical Psychology - Medical Track.
Applicants to the civilian-track Medical Psychology or Clinical Psychology - Medical Track programs do not incur any military or national service obligation after graduation. There are no tuition costs at USUHS. Most civilian students in the Department are receiving or have received some form of financial support. Please refer to the Financial Support section of the website for further information.
The website to submit an application for Admission to Graduate Study is https://gapp.usuhs.edu.
The Uniformed Services University Graduate Programs do not discriminate against race, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, age disability, marital status, political affiliation or sexual orientation.
Please contact the Graduate Education Office at 800-772-1747 for any additional information concerning the application.
Internal Candidates for Admission to the Clinical Psychology - Medical Track
If a student currently enrolled in the Medical Psychology Program is interested in entering the Clinical Psychology - Medical Track, he/she must submit a curriculum vitae, a personal statement, and a letter of recommendation from their major advisor. Additional admission requirements include:
- Personal statement defining career goals.
- USUHS GPA of 3.5 or better.
- Demonstrated research productivity to include publications in peer reviewed literature and/or professional presentations at scientific meetings
- A letter of recommendation from the major advisor.
- Advancement to candidacy by the beginning of Fall Quarter year three:
- Completion of 2nd year paper
- Successful completion of Ph.D. qualifying exams
- Completion of requisite coursework
- Successful completion of two clinical courses:
- Psychopathology during Year 2
- Ethics during Year 2
All interested applicants for the Civilian track Ph.D. programs are encouraged to contact the student representative listed below:
Civilian Student Representative
Edwin Szeto, B.S.
Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org