Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
Department of Medicine
4301 Jones Bridge Road, C1094
Bethesda, Maryland 20814-4799
Phone: (301) 295-2010
Fax: (301) 295-5792
All faculty and staff (DoD civilian and military personnel) undertaking FOREIGN TRAVEL on official business should be aware of the following information and DoD requirements regarding use of official passport (called "no-fee passport"), country clearance, etc.:
1. Foreign Travel is administered in the USU Administrative Support Division (ASD), contact person, Ms. Nikki Oyola, room G056, telephone 301-295-3032.
2. The Defense Attache's Office in the US Embassy in a foreign country is a key player in determining such requirements. The requirements may change as a result of conditions or events occurring in those countries at any given time. The Overseas Travel Clearance Form (USU Form 5301) must be completed and sent to Nikki Oyola in ASD 30 days prior to date of travel.
3. In order to avoid problems which may arise from inadequate planning for foreign travel, each traveler must become familiar with the requirements for the countries to which he/she will be traveling.
4. Health information and medical requirements/vaccinations for specific countries is provided by the CDC.
5. Antiterrorism Training is required prior to foreign travel (yes, even to Canada & Mexico). This is managed by the USU Security Office.