Daniel K. Inouye Graduate School of Nursing
Admission into the USU Graduate School of Nursing is competitive. The admissions process takes into consideration all application materials when evaluating an applicant. It also reserves the right to require additional materials. Students who do not meet the minimum recommended requirements in all areas may be considered on an individual basis.
Master of Nursing Science Admission Criteria (AGCNS Program Option)
- Must be a commissioned officer or service sponsored civilian in the U.S. Army, Air Force, Navy or Public Health Service with an earned Bachelor's or Master's Degree with a concentration in Nursing
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.7 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Undergraduate Science GPA of 2.7 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- If undergraduate GPA or Science GPA is < 2.7, transcripts must show a grade of B or better in at least one undergraduate or graduate level science course (i.e., Pathophysiology, Physiology, or Biochemistry) taken within 5 years of application to the program.
- Competitive GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation with an unconditional endorsement of the applicant for admission
- Evidence-based writing requirement using APA format
- Current unrestricted nursing license
- Original transcripts
- Current curriculum vitae
- Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (ACLS)
- Current CNOR Certification
- Minimum of two years' experience as a perioperative nurse at the time of matriculation
- All applicants will be required to complete an interview with program faculty
- Final acceptance is contingent upon approval of the sponsoring agency or service
Application Form and Supporting Documents
Download the Master of Science in Nursing Program Application Form, complete each section and mail it to the Registrar's Office in USU's Graduate School of Nursing by August 15.
Registrar, Graduate School of Nursing
Uniformed Services University
4301 Jones Bridge Road
Bethesda, Maryland 20814-4712
Complete the Application Checklist to ensure all necessary documentation is submitted with your application.