Preventive Medicine and Biometrics: Faculty
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics
4301 Jones Bridge Road
Bethesda, Maryland 20814-4799
Phone: (301) 295-3718
FAX: (301) 295-0335
Timothy Mallon, MD, MPH, FACOEM (COL, MC, USA)
Director, National Capital Consortium OEM Residency Program
Associate Professor, Preventive Medicine/Biometrics
Fellow, American College of Occupational & Environmental Medicine
Education and Training
- MPH, Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health
- MD, Health Science Center at Syracuse, Syracuse, NY
- MS, Resource Policy and Management, University of Michigan
- MS, Environmental Health, City University of New York
- Residency in Occupational and Environmental Medicine, U.S. Army Center of Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine
- Internship in Internal Medicine, Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI
- Board certified in Occupational & Environmental Medicine
Research and Professional Experience
- Co Principle Investigator on Grant on Injury Study from participation in sports, exercise, and recreational activities among US active duty military
- Co Principle Investigator on Grant that examined the association between In-Service Exam scores as a predictor of success on the American Board of Preventive Medicine certification examination
Environmental Health Sciences, Occupational Health
Honors and Awards
- US Army Surgeon Generals Award of "A" Designator for excellence in Academic Medicine
- Meritorious Service Medal with 3 Oak Leaf Clusters
- Joint Service Commendation Medal
- Army Commendation Medal with 1 Oak Leaf Clusters
- Army Achievement Medal
- Coast Guard Achievement Medal (with silver star 2nd award)
- Recipient, Military Order of Medical Merit
Recent peer reviewed journal articles
"The In-Service Examination Score as a predictor of Success on the American Board of Preventive Medicine Certification Examination", Bedno, S. Soltis, M. Mancuso, J, Burnett, D. Mallon, T. Am J. Prev. Med 2011; 41 (6): 641-644.
Injury Occurrence from Participation in Sports, Exercise, and Recreational Activities Among Active Duty Service Members from the April 2008 Status of Forces Survey of Active Duty Members. Bedno, S., Loringer, K., Tzu-Cheg,K., Hauret,K., Mallon, T. In-Press.
"Protecting Those Who Serve: Strategies to Protect the Health of Deployed US Forces", Mallon, T. J Mil Med, July 6, 2011
Recent abstracts and other publications
"Staffing and Quality Metrics in OH Clinics". Hodgson, M. Christian, J, Mallon, T. J.Occ. & Env.Med. 53(1):111-116, January 2011.
"Workers' Compensation and Disability Management for Federal Employees" Mallon, T. Cloeren, M. Cherry, S. Jang, S. J Occ. & Env. Medicine: February 2009 - Volume 51 - Issue 2 - pp 255-274.
Selected Recent Invited Presentations
"Ins and Outs of Deployment Injuries and Illnesses," Federal Occ. Health Conf. Dallas, TX. 19 July 2011
"Occupational Illnesses, Assessment of the Environment", Federal Occupational Health Conference, Dallas, TX. 19 July 2011.
Quality Management in Occupational Health, US Armed Forces Public Health Conference, Hampton, VA, March 2011
Occupational Health and Environmental Medicine Program Metrics, Reporting Resources & Staffing Model, American Occupational Health Conference, Washington, DC, March 2011
"Occupational Health Providers Role in Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Response", Federal Occupational Health Conference, Sacramento, CA July 2010
"Strategic Planning for DOD Occupational Medicine Programs" Federal Occ. Health Conference, Denver, Colorado, July 2009.
"Medical Center Worker Medical Surveillance" Federal Occ. Health Conference, Denver, Colorado, July 2009.