Faculty Development Resources
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
4301 Jones Bridge Road
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
Phone: (301) 295-3016
- Community of Science Expertise Database and Alert Service
An expertise profile is required before you can use the alert service.
- NSF Custom News Service
Federal agencies generally have a set of research priorities and issue requests for proposals (RFP's) on a fairly regular basis.
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance - Medical Education and Training
This source is used to find federal grants in medical education and training.
- USDA Agencies
- Business and Grant Opportunities
- http://cdmrp.army.mil/ and electronic submission website: https://cdmrp.org/proposals.
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR)
- Air Force Research Lab(AFRL)
- Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
- Army Research Laboratory
- Army Space and Missile Defense Command
- Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP)
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)
- Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA)
- Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
- Grants and Contracts
- Grants and Contracts at the Office of Science
- Financial Assistance Program Grant Application Guide at the Office of Science
- Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- HHS - GrantsNet Grant and Funding Opportunities throughout HHS
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality- Grant Announcements
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-Funding Opportunities
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)- Grants Information
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)- Award Data
- NIH Grants and Funding Opportunities
- NIH Grants Policy and Guidance
- NIH- Institutes, Centers and Offices
- NIH Guide to Grants & Contracts
- NIH Research Training Opportunities
- NIH Office of Extramural Research
- Fish and Wildlife Service
- Geological Survey (USGS) Contracts and Grants Information
- Geological Survey (USGS) Unsolicited Proposals
- National Park Service (NPS)
- Grants and Fellowship Information
- Apply for a Grant
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
- NSF Award Data
- NSF FastLane - An interactive real-time system used to conduct NSF business over the Internet
- NSF Grants Information
- NSF E-Bulletin
- Online Document System
- Office of Technology (SBIR/STTR program information)
- Smithsonian Institution
- US Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation
This foundation makes grants to non-profit research institutions to promote research in chemistry and the life sciences.
- Burroughs Wellcome
The Burroughs Wellcome Foundation is an independent foundation dedicated to advancing the medical sciences and advancing research and other scientific and educational activities.
- Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation - Research Grants
This foundation supports cutting-edge research to develop effective treatments and cures for paralysis caused by spinal cord injury and other central nervous system disorders.
- Ellison Medical Foundation- Grants for Aging and Global Infectious Disease
The foundation particularly wishes to stimulate new creative research that might not be funded by traditional sources or that is often under-funded in the U.S.
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute - Grants and Funding
Provides grants for biomedical research and science education.
- John Merck Fund - Biology of Developmental Disabilities in Children
Does not have a website, Please E-mail at: email@example.com
- Josiah Macy, Jr. Foundation
Supports programs designed to improve the education of health professionals in the interest of the health of the public, and to enhance the representation of minorities in the health profession.
- Rita Allen Foundation --Program for a few distinguished institutions to nominate candidates who show promise of becoming leaders in research in the cure and treatment of cancer, cerebral palsy and multiple sclerosis.
Contact: Moore Gates, Jr.,Secretary, Rita Allen Foundation, 96 Hun Road, Princeton, NJ 08540
- American Academy of Family Physicians - Foundation
Listing of programs, awards and research grants in family practice education and research.
- American Association of American Medical Colleges and CDC Cooperative Agreement
- American College of Gastroenterology - Research and Grant Awards
- Family Medicine Research
- Society of General Internal Medicine - Funding Opportunities
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine
- Alzheimer's Association - Research Grants Program
- American Cancer Society - Research Program and Funding
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation -Grants
- Lupus Foundation of America, Inc. -- Grants
- Lymphoma Research Foundation - Research Program
- March of Dimes - Research Funding
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society - Research
- National Parkinson Foundation - Research Grants
- Muscular Dystrophy Association - Research Grants Programs
- National Headache Foundation
- National Kidney Foundation - Grants
- Paralyzed Veteran of America, Spinal Cord Research Foundation - Funding Opportunities
- Skin Cancer Foundation - Research Grants
- Tourette Syndrome Association - Research Grant Awards
- Ask the Grantdoctor
An E-mail service to answer your funding questions. Send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org with "GDR" in the subject line.
- NIH Regional Grants Seminars -- Schedule and Locations
- Historical Information on Medical Education: Medical Education in the United States and Canada - Flexner Report