Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
Civilian Human Resources
4301 Jones Bridge Road
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
Office Hrs: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Phone: (301) 295-3412
Fax: (301) 295-3937
Prohibited Personnel Practices
The prohibited personnel practices listed below are adapted from the statutory language that appears in section 2302(b) of title 5, United States Code.
It is prohibited personnel practice to:
- Discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicapping condition, marital status, or political affiliation.
- Solicit or consider employment recommendations based on factors other than personal knowledge or records of job related abilities or characteristics.
- Coerce an employee's political activity.
- Deceive or willfully obstruct a person's right to compete for employment.
- Influence any person to withdraw from competition for a position to improve or injure the employment prospects of any other person.
- Give unauthorized preference or advantage to any person to improve or injure the employment prospects of any particular employee or applicant.
- Employ or promote a relative.
- Retaliate against a whistleblower, whether an employee or an applicant.
- Retaliate against employees or applicants who exercise their appeal rights, testify or cooperate with an Inspector General or the Special Counsel, or refuse to break a law.
- Discriminate based on personal conduct which is not adverse to on-the-job performance of the employee, applicant, or others.
- Violate any law, rule, or regulation which implements or directly concerns the merit principles.
- Knowingly violate veteran's preference requirements.