Programs & Services
Mailing & Contact Info
Prohibited Personnel Practices
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
Civilian Human Resources
4301 Jones Bridge Road
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
Office Hrs: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Phone: (301) 295-3412
Fax: (301) 295-3937
The prohibited personnel practices listed below are adapted from the statutory language that appears in section 2302(b) of title 5, United States Code.
It is prohibited personnel practice to:
- Discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicapping condition, marital status, or political affiliation.
- Solicit or consider employment recommendations based on factors other than personal knowledge or records of job related abilities or characteristics.
- Coerce an employee's political activity.
- Deceive or willfully obstruct a person's right to compete for employment.
- Influence any person to withdraw from competition for a position to improve or injure the employment prospects of any other person.
- Give unauthorized preference or advantage to any person to improve or injure the employment prospects of any particular employee or applicant.
- Employ or promote a relative.
- Retaliate against a whistleblower, whether an employee or an applicant.
- Retaliate against employees or applicants who exercise their appeal rights, testify or cooperate with an Inspector General or the Special Counsel, or refuse to break a law.
- Discriminate based on personal conduct which is not adverse to on-the-job performance of the employee, applicant, or others.
- Violate any law, rule, or regulation which implements or directly concerns the merit principles.
- Knowingly violate veteran's preference requirements.