|You are here: HOME > Publications > Journal Articles, 1990–1999
Journal Articles, 1990-1999
- Some documents are available as portable document format (PDF) files.
To view PDFs, your computer must have PDF-reader software such as Acrobat Reader (download free).
- Copyrighted information is provided with the permission of the copyright owner.
|1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990
2010–2019 | 2000–2009 | 1990–1999 | 1980–1989 | 1970–1979 | 1961–1969
- Anderson KM, Seed T, Ou D, Harris JE (1999) Free radicals and reactive oxygen species in programmed cell death. Medical Hypotheses 52(5):451–463.
- Arroyo CM, Schafer RJ, Kurt EM, Broomfield CA, Carmichael AJ (1999) Response of normal human keratinocytes to sulfur mustard (HD): Cytokine release using a non-enzymatic detachment procedure. Human and Experimental Toxicology 18(1):1–11.
- Brook I (1999) Treatment of otitis externa in children. Paediatric Drugs 1(4):283–289.
- Brook I, Frazier EH (1999) Aerobic and anaerobic microbiology of mycotic aortic aneurysm. Clinical Infectious Diseases 28(4):928–929.
- Brook I, Gober AE (1999) Interference by aerobic and anaerobic bacteria in children with recurrent group A beta-hemolytic streptococcal tonsillitis. Archives of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery 125(5):552–554.
- Hsu H, Miller AC, Liu L, Wang T (1999) Chemoprevention of aflatoxin b1-induced carcinogenesis by phenyl fatty acids in rat liver. Cancer Letters 55(12):44–49.
- Kandasamy SB (1999) Gamma radiation and release of norepinephrine in the hippocampus. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology 469:655–9.
- Kiang JG, McClain DE (1999) N(omega)-nitro-L-arginine decreases resting cytosolic calcium and enhances heat stress-induced increase in cytosolic calcium in human colon carcinoma T84 cells. Chinese Journal of Physiology 42:1–8.
- King GL, Elliott TB, Landauer MR, Harding R, Bouhaouala S, Ferrell J (1999) Sublethal 60Co gamma-radiation enhances Shigella infection in mice. FASEB Journal 13:734.
- King GL, Rabin BM, Weatherspoon JK (1999) 5-HT3 receptor antagonists ameliorate emesis in the ferret evoked by neutron or proton radiation. Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine 70(5):485–492.
- Kolanko CJ, Pyle MD, Loats H, Parton J, Blakely WF, Nath J (1999) Fast in situ hybridization and immunoenzymatic color pigment detection of mouse bone marrow micronucleus. Biotechnic and Histochemistry 74(3):111–115.
- Pellmar TC, Fuciarelli AF, Ejnik JW, Hamilton M, Hogan J, Strocko S, Emond C, Mottaz HM, Landauer MR (1999) Distribution of uranium in rats implanted with depleted uranium pellets. Toxicological Sciences 49:29–39.
- Pellmar TC, Keyser DO, Emery C, Hogan JB (1999) Electrophysiological changes in hippocampal slices isolated from rats embedded with depleted uranium fragments. Neurotoxicology 20(5):785–792.
- Pendergrass JA Jr., Srinivasan V, Clark EP, Kumar KS (1999) Glutathione redox status in the human cell line, A549, following intracellular glutathione depletion and extracellular glutathione addition. Toxic Substance Mechanisms 18:11–20.
- Pikina AP, Smeianov VV, Efimov BA, Bainov NA, Brook I, Reeves G, Korshunov VM (1999) The primary screening of bifidobacteria and lactobacilli strains to develop effective probiotic preparations based on them. Zhurnal Mikrobiologii Epidemiologii Immunobiologii 6:34–38.
- Pogozelski WK, Xapsos MA, Blakely WF (1999) Quantitative assessment of the contribution of clustered damage to DNA double-strand breaks induced by 60Co gamma rays and fission neutrons. Radiation Research 151:442–448.
- Reeves GI (1999) Radiation injuries. Critical Care Clinics 15(2):457–473.
- Schoneboom BA, Fultz MJ, Miller TH, McKinney LC, Grieder FB (1999) Astrocytes as targets for Venezuelan equine encephalitis virus infection. Journal of Neurovirology 5(4):342–354.
- Vaishnav JY, Swenberg CE, Spotheim-Maurizot M, Charlier M, Vaishnav YN (1999) Conformational changes in DNA as a mechanism of protection against ionizing radiation. Trends in Photochemistry and Photobiology 6:29–42.
- Vijayalaxmi, Meltz ML, Reiter RJ, Herman TS, Kumar KS (1999) Melatonin and protection from whole-body irradiation: Survival studies in mice. Mutation Research 425:21–27.
- Vodovotz Y, Coffin D, DeLuca AM, McKinney L, Cook JA, Wink D, Mitchell JB (1999) Induction of nitric oxide production in infiltrating leukocytes following in vivo irradiation of tumor-bearing mice. Radiation Oncology Investigations 7(2):86–97.
- Vodovotz Y, Mitchell JB, Lucia MS, McKinney LC, Kollum M, Barcellos-Hoff MH, Waksman R (1999) Modulation of protein expression and activity by radiation: relevance to intracoronary radiation for the prevention of restenosis. Cardiovascular Radiation Medicine 1(4):336–343.
|TOP OF PAGE
- Anderson KM, Seed T, Alrefai W, Ou D, Harris JE (1998) NTBN, a free radical spin trap induces programmed cell death in human pancreatic cancer (PANC-1) cells. Anticancer Research 18:3213–3222.
- Brook I (1998) Dacryocystitis caused by anaerobic bacteria in the newborn. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 17(2):172–173.
- Brook I, Frazier EH (1998) Aerobic and anaerobic microbiology of surgical-site infection following spinal fusion. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 37(3):841–843.
- Buchanan KC, Burge RR, Ruble GR (1998) Evaluation of injectable anesthetics for major surgical procedures in guinea pigs. Contemporary Topics 37(4):58–63.
- Director AE, Tucker JD, Ramsey MJ, Nath J (1998) Chronic ingestion of clastogens by mice and the frequency of chromosome aberrations. Environmental and Molecular Mutagenesis 32:139–147.
- Kandasamy SB (1998) Effect of Bay K 8644, calcimycin, and phorbol ester on radiation-induced decreases in the release of norepinephrine in the hippocampus in rats. Radiation Research 149:277–283.
- Kandasamy SB (1998) Effect of ionizing radiation on the release of cholecystokinin in the hypothalamus of the rat. Radiation Research 150:298–303.
- Kandasamy SB (1998) Possible involvement of tumor necrosis factor alpha in radiation-induced hyperthermia in rats. Radiation Research 149:27–31.
- Kiang JG, Ding XZ, McClain DE (1998) Overexpression of HSP-70 attenuates increases in [Ca2+]i and protects human epidermoid A-431 cells after chemical hypoxia. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology 149(2):185–194.
- McKinney LC, Aquilla EM, Coffin D, Wink DA, Vodovotz Y (1998) Ionizing radiation potentiates the induction of nitric oxide synthase by IFN-gamma and/or LPS in murine macrophage cell lines: role of TNF-alpha. Journal of Leukocyte Biology 64:459–466.
- Miller AC, Ainsworth EJ, Lui L, Seed TM (1998) Oncogenes as predictive biomarkers for low dose radiation carcinogenesis: Potential application for risk assessment. Cancer Detection and Prevention 22(2):140–141.
- Miller AC, Blakely WF, Livengood D, Whittaker, Xu, Ejnik, Hamilton M, Parlette E, St.John T, Gerstenberg HM, Hsu H (1998). Transformation of human osteoblast cells to the tumorigenic phenotype by depleted uranium-uranyl chloride. Environmental Health Perspectives 106:465–471.
- Miller AC, Fuciarelli AF, Jackson WE, Ejnik EJ, Emond C, Strocko S, Hogan J, Page N, Pellmar T (1998) Urinary and serum mutagenicity studies with rats implanted with depleted uranium or tantalum pellets. Mutagenesis 13(6):643–648.
- Ramakrishnan N, Chen R, McClain DE, Bunger R (1998) Pyruvate prevents hydrogen peroxide-induced apoptosis. Free Radical Research 29:283–295.
|TOP OF PAGE
- Arroyo CM, Carmichael AJ, Broomfield CA (1997) Could nitrosyl chloride (NOCl) be produced by human skin keratinocytes and sulfur mustard? In Vitro Toxicology 10(2):253–261.
- Carmichael AJ, Steel-Goodwin L (1997) Trichloroethylene radicals generated by ionizing radiation: An EPR/spin trapping study. Human and Experimental Toxicology 16:334–342.
- Carr KE, McCullough JS, Hazzard RA, Brennan P, McGuinness C, Seed T, Hodges GM (1997) Structural and functional profiles of mammalian small intestine. Recent Advances in Microscopy of Cells, Tissues, and Organs 349–364.
- Chang CM, Limanni A, Baker WH, Dobson ME, Kalinich JF, Patchen ML (1997) Sublethal gamma irradiation increases IL-1 alpha, IL-6, and TNF-alpha mRNA levels in murine hematopoietic tissues. Journal of Interferon and Cytokine Research 17:567–572.
- Hamilton MM, Ejnik JW, Carmichael AJ (1997) Uranium reactions with hydrogen peroxide studied by EPR-spin trapping. Journal of the Chemical Society, Perkin Trans. 2:2491–2494.
- Herzig TC (1997) Career opportunities in the military: An alternative to traditional academic science. The Physiologist 40(6):309–311.
- Herzig TC, Jobe SM, Aoki H, Molkentin JD, Cowley AW Jr, Izumo S, Markham BE (1997) Angiotensin II type 1a receptor gene expression in the heart: AP-1 and GATA-4 participate in the response to pressure overload. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA 94(14):7543–7548.
- Kalinich JF, Ramakrishnan N, McClain DE (1997) The antioxidant Trolox enhances the oxidation of 2´,7´-dichlorofluorescin to 2´,7´-dichlorofluorescein. Free Radical Research 26(1):37–47.
- Kandasamy SB (1997) Effect of ondansetron and ICS 205-930 on radiation-induced hypothermia in rats. Radiation Research, 147(6):741–746.
- Kandasamy SB (1997) Neuropeptides, radiation, and thermoregulation. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 813:344–352.
- Keyser DO, Pellmar TC (1997) Regional differences in glial cell modulation of synaptic transmission. Hippocampus 7(1):73–77.
- Kiang JG, Ding SZ, McClain DE (1997) Overexpression of HSP-70 attenuates increases in [Ca2+]i and protects human epidermoid A-431 cells after chemical hypoxia. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology 149:185–194.
- Landauer MR, McChesney DG, Ledney GD (1997) Synthetic trehalose dicorynomycolate (S-TDCM): Behavioral effects and radioprotection. Journal of Radiation Research 38:45–54.
- Landauer MR, Weiss JF, Gunter-Smith PJ, Benson KA, Blair MD, Hogan JB, Hanson WR (1997) Behavioral and radioprotective effects of misoprostol in adrenalectomized mice. In: Honn KV, Nigam S, Marnett LJ (eds) Eicosanoids and Other Bioactive Lipids in Cancer, Inflammation, and Radiation Injury 2. New York: Plenum; Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology 400B:799–804.
- Lowy RJ, Dimitrov DS (1997) Characterization of influenza virus-induced cell death in J774.1 macrophages. Experimental Cell Research 234:249–258.
- Miller AC, Samid D (1997) Tumor radiosensitization based on the use of inhibitors of the mevalonate pathway of cholesterol synthesis. Advanced Experimental Medical Biology 400B:825–830.
- Miller AC, Shack S, Thibault A, Samid D (1997) Modulation of radiation response of human tumour cells by the differentiation inducers, phenylacetate and phenylbutyrate. International Journal of Radiation Biology 72(2):211–218.
- Miller AC, Whittaker T, Thibault A, Samid D (1997) Modulation of radiation response of human tumor cells by the differentiation inducers, phenylacetate and phenylbutyrate. International Journal of Radiation Biology 72(2):211–218.
- Olson LJ, Knych ET Jr, Herzig TC, Drewett JG (1997) Selective guanylyl cyclase inhibitor reverses nitric oxide-induced vasorelaxation. Hypertension 29 (part 2):254–261.
- Prasanna PGS, Kolanko CJ, Gerstenberg HM, Blakely WF (1997) Premature chromosome condensation assay for biodosimetry: Studies with fission-neutrons. Health Physics 72(4):594–600.
- Savoye C, Swenberg C, Hugot S, Sy D, Sabattier R, Charlier M, Spotheim-Maurizot M (1997) Thiol WR-1065 and disulphide WR-33278, two metabolites of the drug ethyol (WR-2721), protect DNA against fast neutron-induced strand breakage. International Journal of Radiation Biology 71(2):193–202.
- Steel-Goodwin L, Kuhlman KJ, Miller C, Pace MD, Carmichael AJ (1997) Effects of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species induced by ammonium dinitramide decomposition in aqueous solutions of DNA. Annals of Clinical and Laboratory Science 27(3):236–245.
- Steel-Goodwin L, Pravecek TL, Carmichael AJ (1997) Trichloroethylene metabolism in vitro: An EPR/spin trapping study. Human and Experimental Toxicology 15:878–884.
- Swenberg CE, Landauer MR, Weiss JF (1997) Radiomodification by caffeine alone and in combination with phosphorothioates: In vivo and cell-free studies. Radioprotection 32(C1):127–131.
- Swenberg CE, Vaishnav YN, Bin LI, Tsao H, Mao B, Geacintov NE (1997) Single-strand breaks in oligodeoxyribonucleotides induced by fission neutrons and gamma radiation measured by gel electrophoresis: Protective effects of aminothiols. Journal of Radiation Research 38:241–254.
- Whitnall MH, Smallridge RC (1997) Altered thyroid axis function in Lewis rats with genetically defective hypothalamic CRH/VP neurosecretory cells. Endocrine Research 23:365–376.
|TOP OF PAGE
- Chen H-T, Kandasamy SB (1996) Effect of chloral hydrate on in vivo KC1-induced striatal dopamine release in the rat. Neurochemical Research 21(6):695–700.
- Chen H-T, Kandasamy SB (1996) Effect of ionizing radiation on in vivo striatal dopamine release in the rat. Radiation Research 146:111–115.
- Dubois A, Berg DE, Incecik ET, Fiala N, Heman-Ackah LM, Perez-Perez GI, Blaser MJ (1996) Transient and persistent experiemental infection of nonhuman primates with Helicobacter pylori: Implications for human disease. Infection and Immunity 64(8):2885–2891.
- Farese AM, Herodin F, McKearn JP, Baum C, Burton E, MacVittie TJ (1996) Acceleration of hematopoietic reconstitution with a synthetic cytokine (SC-55494) after radiation-induced bone marrow aplasia. Blood 87(2):581–591.
- Farese AM, Hunt P, Grab LB, MacVittie TJ (1996) Combined administration of recombinant human megakaryocyte growth and development factor and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor enhances multilineage hematopoietic reconstitution in nonhuman primates after radiation-induced marrow aplasia. Journal of Clinical Investigation 97(9):2145–2151.
- Ferguson JL, Kandasamy SB, Harris AH, Davis HD, Landauer MR (1996) Indomethacin attenuation of radiation-induced hyperthermia does not modify radiation-induced motor hypoactivity. Journal of Radiation Research 37:209–215.
- Kiang JG, Ding XZ, McClain DE (1996) Thermotolerance attenuates heat-induced increases in [Ca2+]i and HSP-72 synthesis but not heat-induced intracellular acidification in human A-431 cells. Journal of Investigative Medicine 44(2):53–63.
- Ledney GD, Hadick CL, Weichbrod RH (1996) The IACUC process: facilitating science in a well managed animal care and use program. Animal Welfare Information Center Newsletter 7(1):12, 14–15.
- MacVittie TJ, Farese AM, Herodin F, Grab LB, Baum C, McKearn JP (1996) Combination therapy for radiation-induced bone marrow aplasia in nonhuman primates using synthokine SC-55494 and recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor. Blood 87(10):4129–4135.
- McClain DE, Kalinich JF, Ramakrishnan N (1996) Trolox inhibits apoptosis in irradiated MOLT-4 lymphocytes. FASEB Journal (Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology) 9(13):1345–1354.
- Neta R, Keller JR, Ali N, Blanchette F, Dubois CM (1996) Contrasting mechanisms of the myeloprotective effects of interleukin-1 against ionizing radiation and cytotoxic 5-fluorouracil. Radiation Research 145:624–631.
- Ramakrishnam N, Kalinich JF, McClain DE (1996) Ebselen inhibition of apoptosis by reduction of peroxides. Biochemical Pharmacology 51:1443–1451.
- Steel-Goodwin L, Pravecek TL, Hancock B, Schmidt WJ, Trivunovic S, Miller G, Bishop CT, Bartholomew W, Channel SR, Ketcha MM, Carmichael AJ (1996) Trichloroethylene: free radical studies in B6C3F1 mouse liver slices. Pentagon Report Number A327063, 26 pp.
- Vaishnav YN, Pendergrass JA Jr., Clark EP, Swenberg CE (1996) Chromatographic and mass spectral analysis of the radioprotector and chemoprotector S-3-(3-methylaminopropylamino)propanethiol (WR-151326) and its symmetrical disulfide (WR-25595501). Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 14(3):317–324.
- Vaishnav YN, Swenberg CE (1996) Mechlorethamine-induced enhancement of radiation sensitivity of guanine. International Journal of Radiation Biology 70(6):735–745.
- Weaver JL, Aszalos A, McKinney L (1996) MDR1/P-glycoprotein function. II. Effect of hypotonicity and inhibitors on Cl- efflux and volume regulation. American Journal of Physiology 270(5):C1453–C1460.
- Weaver JL, McKinney L, Schoenlein PV, Goldenberg S, Gottesman MM, Aszalos A (1996) MDR1/P-glycoprotein function. I. Effect of hypotonicity and inhibitors on rhodamine 123 exclusion. American Journal of Physiology 270(5 Pt 1):C1447–C1452.
- Winsauer PJ, Bixler MA, Mele PC (1996) Comparison of the effects of typical and atypical anxiolytics on learning in monkeys and rats. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 276(3):1111–1127.
- Zeitlin C, Miller J, Heilbronn L, Frankel K, Gong W, Schimmerling W (1996) The fragmentation of 510 MeV/nucleon iron-56 in polyethylene. I. Fragment fluence spectra. Radiation Research 145(6):655–665.
|TOP OF PAGE
- Abend M, Blakely WF, Van Beuningen D (1995) Simplified and optimized kinetochore detection: cytogenetic marker for late G2 cells. Mutation Research 334(1):39–47.
- Abend M, Rhein A, Gilbertz K-P, Blakely WF, Van Beuningen D (1995) Correlation of micronucleus and apoptosis assays with reproductive cell death. International Journal of Radiation Biology 67(3):315–326.
- Baker WH, Limanni A, Change C-M, Jackson WE, Seemann R, Patchen ML (1995) Comparison of interleukin-1alpha gene expression and protein levels in the murine spleen after lethal and sublethal total-body irradiation. Radiation Research 143:320–326.
- Blakely WF, Prasanna PGS, Kolanko CJ, Pyle MD, Mosbrook DM, Loats AS, Rippeon TL, Loats H (1995) Application of the premature chromosome condensation assay in simulated partial-body radiation exposures: Evaluation of the use of an automaed metaphase-finder. Stem Cells 13(suppl 1):223–230.
- Blumenthal R, Pak CC, Raviv Y, Krumbiegel M, Bergelson LD, Morris SJ, Lowy RJ (1995) Transient domains induced by influenza haemagglutinin during membrane fusion. Molecular Membrane Biology 12(1):135–142.
- Castro Ca, Hogan JB, Benseon KA, Shehata CW, Landauer MR (1995) Behavioral effects of vehicles: DMSO, ethanol, Tween-20, Tween-80, and emulphor-620. Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior 50(4):521–526.
- Chang CM, Limanni A, Baker WH, Dobson ME, Kalinich JF, Jackson W, Patchen ML (1995) Bone marrow and splenic granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor and transforming growth factor-beta mRNA levels in irradiated mice. Blood 86(6):2130–2136.
- Cockerham LG, Forcino CD (1995) Effect of antihistamines, disodium cromoglycate (DSCG) or methysergide on post-irradiation cerebral blood flow and mean systemic arterial blood pressure in primates after 25 Gy, whole-body, gamma irradiation. Journal of Radiation Research 36:77–90.
- Dubois A, Fiala N, Weichbrod RH, Ward GS, Nix M, Mehlman PT, Taub DM, Perez-Perez GI, Blaser MJ (1995) Seroepizootiology of Helicobacter pylori gastric infection in nonhuman primates housed in social environments. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 33(6):1492–1495.
- Elliott TB, Ledney GD, Harding RA, Henderson PL, Gerstenberg HM, Rotruck JR, Verdolin MH, Stille CM, Krieger AG (1995) Mixed-field neutrons and gamma photons induce different changes in ileal bacteria and correlated sepsis in mice. International Journal of Radiation Biology, 68(3):311–320.
- Farese AM, Hunt P, Boone T, MacVittie TJ (1995) Recombinant human megakaryocyte growth and development factor stimulates thrombocytopoiesis in normal nonhuman primates. Blood 86(1):54–59.
- Hahn SM, Lepinski DL, DeLuca AM, Mitchell JB, Pellmar TC (1995) Neurophysiological consequences of nitroxide antioxidants. Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology 73(3):399–403.
- Herrera JL, Vigneulle RM, Gage T, MacVittie TJ, Nold JB, Dubois A (1995) Effect of radiation and radioprotection on small intestinal function in canines. Digestive Diseases and Sciences, 40(1):211–218.
- Kandasamy SB, Thiagarajan AB, Harris AH (1995) Possible involvement of prostaglandins in increases in rat plasma adrenocorticotropic hormone and corticosterone levels induced by radiation and interleukin-1 alpha alone or combined. Fundamental and Applied Toxicology 25:196–200.
- Limanni A, Baker WH, Chang CM, Seemann R, Williams DE, Patchen ML (1995) c-kit ligand gene expression in normal and sublethally irradiated mice. Blood 85(9):2377–2384.
- Liu L, Hudgins WR, Miller AC, Chen LC, Samid D (1995) Transcriptional upregulation of TGF-alpha by phenylacetate and phenylbutyrate is associated with differentiation of human melanoma cells. Cytokine 7(5):449–456.
- Lowy RJ (1995) Evaluation of triple-band filters for quantitative epifluorescence microscopy. Journal of Microscopy 178(3): 240–250.
- Lowy RJ, Sarkar DP, Whitnall MH, Blumenthal R (1995) Differences in dispersion of influenza virus lipids and proteins during fusion. Experimental Cell Research 216:411–421.
- McKinney LC, Moran A (1995) Regulation of intracellular pH in J774 murine macrophage cells: H+ extrusion processes. American Journal of Physiology 268(1 Pt 1):C210.
- Mele PC, McDonough JH (1995) Gamma radiation-induced disruption in schedule-controlled performance in rats. Neurotoxicology 16(3):497–510.
- McClain DE, Kalinich JF, Ramakrishnan N (1995) Trolox inhibits apoptosis in irradiated MOLT-4 lymphocytes. Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB Journal) 9:1345–1354.
- Palazzolo DL, Kumar KS (1995) Effects of S-2-(3-methylaminopropylamino)-ethylphosphorothioic acid (WR-3689), alone or combined with caffeine, on catecholamine concentration of mouse hypothalamus. Experiental Biology and Medicine 3:1–12.
- Pellmar TC (1995) Use of brain slices in the study of free-radical action. Journal of Neuroscience Methods 59:93–98.
- Perlstein RS, Mehta NR, Mougey EH, Whitnall MH, Neta R (1995) Whole-body irradiation transiently diminishes the adrenocorticotropin response to recombinant human interleukin-1 alpha. Radiation Research 141:336–341.
- Redpath JL, Antoniono RJ, Sun C, Gerstenberg HM, Blakely WF (1995) Late mitosis/early G1 phase and mid-G1 phase are not hypersensitive cell cycle phases for neoplastic transformation of HeLa x skin fibroblast human hybrid cells induced by fission-spectrum neutrons. Radiation Research 141:37–43.
- Shack S, Chen LC, Miller AC, Danesi R, Samid D (1995) Increased susceptibility of ras-transformed cells to phenylacetate is associated with inhibition of p21ras isoprenylation and phenotypic reversion. International Journal of Cancer 63:124–129.
- Stankus AA, Xapsos MA, Kolanko CJ, Gerstenberg HM, Blakely WF (1995) Energy deposition events produced by fission neutrons in aqueous solutions of plasmid DNA. International Journal of Radiation Biology 68(1):1–9.
- Swenberg CE, Speicher JM (1995) Neutron and gamma-radiation sensitiviy of plasmid DNA of varying superhelical density. Radiation Research 144:301–309.
- von Hanwehr R, Popescu GF, Taylor HE, Winkler KH, Swenberg CE (1995) Interventional telemedicine for noninvasive neuroradiosurgery: Remote-site high-performance computing, mathematical optimization, and virtual scenario simulation. Journal of Medical Systems 19(3):219–262.
- Walden TL Jr., Farzaneh NK (1995) Radioprotection by 16,16 dimethyl prostaglandin E2 is equally effective in male and female mice. Journal of Radiation Research 36:1–7.
- Winsauer PJ, Bixler MA, Mele PC (1995) Differential effects of ionizing radiation on the acquisition and performance of response sequences in rats. NeuroToxicology 16(2):257–270.
- Winsauer PJ, Verrees JF, Mele PC (1995) Discriminative stimulus properties of lithium chloride in rats. Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology and Biological Psychiatry 19(6):1103–1117.
- Xu R, Mao B, Xu J, Li B, Birke S, Swenberg CE, Geacintov NE (1995) Stereochemistry-dependent bending in oligonucleotide duplexes induced by site-specific covalent benzo[a]pyrene diol epoxide-guanine lesions. Nucleic Acids Research 23(12):2314–2319.
|TOP OF PAGE
- Balcher-Kubiczek EK, Harrison GH, Torres BA, McCready WA (1994) Application of the constant exposure time technique to transformation experiments with fission neutrons: failure to demonstrate dose-rate dependence. International Journal of Radiation Biology 65(5):559–569.
- Brook I, Ledney GD (1994) Effect of antimicrobial therapy on the gastrointestinal bacterial flora, infection and mortality in mice exposed to different doses of irradiation. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 33(1):63–72.
- Brook I, Ledney GD (1994) Quinolone therapy in the prevention of endogenous and exogenous infection after irradiation. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 33(4):777–784.
- Chock SP, Schmauder-Chock EA, Cordella-Miele E, Miele L, Mukherjee AP (1994) The localization of phospholipase A2 in the secretory granule. Biochemical Journal 300(3):619–622.
- Colden-Stanfield M, Kalinich JF, Gallin EK (1994) Ionizing radiation increases endothelial and epithelial cell production of influenza virus and leukocyte adherence. Journal of Immunology 153(11):5222–5229.
- Dayhoff J, Hammeroff S, Lahoz-Beltra R, Swenberg CE (1994) Cytoskeletal involvement in neuronal learning: a review. European Biophysics Journal 23:79–93.
- Dubois A, Fiala N, Heman-Ackah LM, Drazek ES, Tarnawski A, Fishbein WN, Perez-Perez GI, Blaser MJ (1994) Natural gastric infection with Helicobacter pylori in monkeys: A model for spiral bacteria infection in humans. Gastroenterology 106:1405–1417.
- Farese AM, Myers LA, MacVittie TJ (1994) Therapeutic efficacy of recombinant human leukemia inhibitory factor in a primate model of radiation-induced marrow aplasia. Blood 84(11):3675–3678.
- Forrest VJ, Kang YH, McClain DE, Robinson DH, Ramakrishnan N (1994) Oxidative stress-induced apoptosis prevented by Trolox. Free Radical Biology and Medicine 16(6):675–684.
- Gallin EK, Mason TM, Moran A (1994) Characterization of regulatory volume decrease in the THP-1 and HL-60 human myelocytic cell lines. Journal of Cellular Physiology 159:573–581.
- Gilman SC, Bonner MJ, Pellmar TC (1994) Free radicals enhance basal release of D-[3H]aspartate from cerebral cortical synaptosomes. Journal of Neurochemistry 62(5):1757–1763.
- Glass AR, Jackson SG, Perlstein RS, Linton Wray H (1994) Adrenal insufficiency in a man with non-classical 21-hydroxylase deficiency: consequence or coincidence? Journal of Endocrinol Investigations 17:665–670.
- Kalinich JF, McClain DE (1994) Rapid isolation of nuclear transport-competent Xenopus nucleoplasmin produced in Escherichia coli strain BL21(DE3). Protein Expression and Purification 5:324–330.
- Kandasamy SB (1994) Role of nitric oxide synthase, superoxide dismutase, and glutathione peroxidase in radiation-induced decrease in norepinephrine release. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 738:163–172.
- Kandasamy SB, Rabin BM, Hunt WA, Dalton TK, Joseph JA, Harris AH (1994) Exposure to heavy charged particles affects thermoregulation in rats. Radiation Research 139:352–356.
- Keyser DO, Pellmar TC (1994) Synaptic transmission in the hippocampus: critical role for glial cells. Glia 10:237–243.
- Ledney GD, Elliott TB, Landauer MR, Vigneulle RM, Henderson PL, Harding RA, Tom SP Jr. (1994) Survival of irradiated mice treated with WR-151327, synthetic trehalose dicorynomycolate, or ofloxacin. Advanced Space Research 14(10):583–586.
- Myers LS Jr., Carmichael AJ, Pellmar TC (1994) Radiation chemistry of the hippocampal brain slice. Advances in Space Research 14(10):453–456.
- Neta R, Oppenheim JJ, Wang J-M, Snapper CM, Moorman MA, Dubois CM (1994) Synergy of IL-1 and stem cell factor in radioprotection of mice is associated with IL-1 up-regulation of mRNA and protein expression ofr c-kit on bone marrow cells. Journal of Immunology 153:1536–1543.
- Neta R, Stiefel SM, Finkelman F, Herrmann S, Ali N (1994) IL-12 protects bone marrow from and sensitizes intestinal tract to ionizing radiation. Journal of Immunology, 153(9):4230–4237.
- Patchen ML, Fischer R, Schmauder-Chock EA, Williams DE (1994) Mast cell growth factor enhances multilineage hematopoietic recovery in vivo following radiation-induced aplasia. Experimental Hematology 22:31–39.
- Pellmar TC, Gilman SC, Keyser DO, Lee KH, Lepinski DL, Livengood D, Myers LS Jr. (1994) Reactive oxygen species on neural transmission. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 738:121–129.
- Perlstein RS, Mehta NR, Mougey EH, Neta R, Whitnall MH (1994) Systemically administered histamine H1 and H2 receptor antagonists do not block the ACTH response to bacterial lipopolysaccharide and interleukin-1. Neuroendocrinology 60:418–425.
- Peterson VM, Adamovicz JL, Elliott TB, Moore MM, Madonna GS, Jackson WE III, Ledney GD, Gause WC (1994) Gene expression of hematoregulatory cytokines is elevated endogenously after sublethal gamma irradiation and is differentially enhanced by therapeutic administration of biologic response modifiers. Journal of Immunology 153(5):2321–2330.
- Powell EL, Newsome AL, Allen SD, Knudson GB (1994) Identification of antigens of pathogenic free-living amoebae by protein immunoblotting with rabbit immune and human sera. Clinical and Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology 1(5):493–499.
- Rabin BM, Hunt WA, Joseph JA, Dalton TK, Kandasamy SB, Harris AH, Ludewigt B (1994) Behavioral endpoints for radiation injury. Advanced Space Research 14(10):457–466.
- Schmauder-Chock EA, Chock SP, Patchen ML (1994) Ultrastructural localization of tumour necrosis factor-alpha. Histochemical Journal 26:142–151.
- Smith JW, Jackson WE, Clark EP, Raaphorst GP (1994) Oncogenic potential of hyperthermia in combination with radiation. International Journal of Hyperthermia, 10(3):309–313.
- Swenberg CE, Myers LS Jr., Miller JH (1994) Energy and charge localization in irradiated DNA. Advanced Space Research 14(10):181–201.
- Whitnall MH, Anderson KA, Lane CA, Mougey EH, Neta R, Perlstein RS (1994) Decreased vasopressin content in parvocellular CRH neurosecretory system of Lewis rats. NeuroReport 5:1635–1637.
- Williams JL, Patchen ML, Darden JH, Jackson WE (1994) Effects of radiation on survival and recovery of T lymphocyte subsets in C3H/HeN mice. Experimental Hematology 22:510–516.
- Winsauer PJ, Verrees JF, O'Halloran KP, Bixler MA, Mele PC (1994) Effects of chlordiazepoxide, 8-OH-DPAT and ondansetron on radiation-induced decreases in food intake in rats. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 270(1):142–149.
|TOP OF PAGE
- Balasta L, Xu R, Geacintov NE, Swenberg CE, Amin S, Hecht ST (1993) Unwinding and hydrodynamic flow linear dichroism characteristics of supercoiled DNA covalently modified with two isomeric methylchrysene diol epoxides of different biological activities. Chemical Research in Toxicology 6(5):616–624.
- Balcer-Kubiczek EK, Harrison GH, Hill CK, Blakely WF (1993) Effects of WR-1065 and WR-151326 on survival and neoplastic transformation in C3H/10T½ cells exposed to TRIGA or JANUS fission neutrons. International Journal of Radiation 63(1):37–46.
- Brook I, Ledney GD (1993) Use of selective decontamination in the prevention of infection after accidental irradiation. A review. Prehospital and Disaster Medicine 8(1):85–88.
- Brook I, Tom SP, Ledney GD (1993) Development of infection with Streptococcus bovis and Aspergillus sp. in irradiated mice after glycopeptide therapy. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 32:705–713.
- Brook I, Tom SP, Ledney GD (1993) Quinolone and glycopeptide therapy for infection in mouse following exposure to mixed-field neutron-gamma-photon radiation. International Journal of Radiation Biology 64(6):771–777.
- Carmichael AJ, Steel-Goodwin L, Gray B, Arroyo CM (1993) Nitric oxide interaction with lactoferrin and its production by macrophage cells studied by EPR and spin trapping. Free Radical Research Communications 19(Suppl 1):201–209.
- Carmichael AJ, Steel-Goodwin L, Gray B, Arroyo CM (1993) Reactions of active oxygen and nitrogen species studied by EPR and spin trapping. Free Radical Research Communications 19(Suppl 1):1–16.
- Colden-Stanfield M, Ratcliffe D, Cramer EB, Gallin EK (1993) Characterization of influenza virus-induced leukocyte adherence to human umbilical vein endothelial cell monolayers. Journal of Immunology 151:310–321.
- Collins DL, de Carvalho AB (1993) Chronic stress from the Goiania 137Cs radiation accident. Behavioral Medicine 18(4):149–157.
- Dubois CM, Neta R, Keller JR, Jacobsen EW, Oppenheim JJ (1993) Hematopoietic growth factors and glucocorticoids synergize to mimic the effects of IL-1 on granulocyte differentiation in IL-1 receptor induction on bone marrow cells in vivo. Experimental Hematology 21:303–310.
- Farese AM, Williams DE, Seiler FR, MacVittie TH (1993) Combination protocols of cytokine therapy with interleukin-3 and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor in a primate model of radiation-induced marrow asplasia. Blood 82(10):3012–3018.
- Gilman SC, Bonner MJ, Pellmar TC (1993) Effect of oxidative stress on excitatory amino acid release by cerebral cortical synaptosomes. Free Radical Biology and Medicine 15:671–675.
- Joseph JA, Hunt WA, Rabin BM, Dalton TK, Harris AH (1993) Deficits in the sensitivity of striatal muscarinic receptors induced by 56 Fe heavy-particle irradiation: Further “age-radiation” parallels. Radiation Research 135:257–261.
- Kandasamy SB, Kumar KS, Harris AH (1993) Involvement of superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase in attentuation of radiation-induced hyperthermia by interleukin-1alpha in rats. Brain Research 606(1):106–110.
- Makale MT, King GL (1993) Plasticity of autonomic control of emesis in irradiated ferrets. American Journal of Physiology 265:R1092–1099.
- May LT, Neta R, Moldawer LL, Kenney JS, Patel K, Sehgal PB (1993) Antibodies chaperone circulating IL-6: Paradoxical effects of anti-IL-6 “neutralizing ” antibodies in vivo. Journal of Immunology 151:3225–3236.
- Musk JH (1993) Time-dependent and light-induced fading in Victoreen Model 2600-80 aluminum oxide thermoluminescence dosemeters. Radiation Protection Dosimetry 47(1/4):247–249.
- Neta R, Williams D, Selzer F, Abrams J (1993) Inhibition of c-kit ligand/steel factor by antibodies reduces survival of lethally irradiated mice. Blood 2:324–327.
- Palazzolo DL, Kumar KS (1993) Effects of S-2-(3-methylaminopropylamino)ethyl phosphorothioic acid (WR-3689), alone or combined with caffeine, on catecholamine content of mouse hypothalamus. Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine, 203(3):304–310.
- Patchen ML, Brook I, Elliott TB, Jackson WE (1993) Adverse effects of pefloxacin in irradiated C3H/HeN mice: correction with glucan therapy. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 37(9):1882–1889.
- Patchen ML, Fischer R, MacVittie TJ (1993) Effects of combined administration of interleukin-6 and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor on recovery from radiation-induced hemopoietic aplasia. Experimental Hematology 21:338–344.
- Patchen ML, Fischer R, MacVittie TJ, Seiler FR, Williams DE (1993) Mast cell growth factor (C-kit ligand) in combination with granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor and interleukin-3: in vivo hemopoietic effects in irradiated mice compared to in vitro effects. Biotherapy 7:13–26.
- Pellmar TC, Lepinski DL (1993) Gamma radiation (5-10 Gy) impairs neuronal function in the guinea pig hippocampus. Radiation Research 136:255–261.
- Pendergrass JA Jr., Clark EP, Palazzolo DL (1993) Diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid added to the mobile phase improves GSH peak symmetry. Current Separations 12(3):137–140.
- Perlstein RS, Whitnall MH, Abrams JS, Mougey EH, Neta R (1993) Synergistic roles of interleukin-6, interleukin-1, and tumor necrosis factor in the adrenocorticotropin response to bacterial lipopolysaccharide in vivo. Endocrinology 132(3):946–952.
- Prasanna PG, Uma Devi P (1993) Modification of WR-2721 radiation protection from gastrointestinal injury and death in mice by 2-mercaptopropionylglycine. Radiation Research 133(1):111–115.
- Ramakrishnan N, McClain DE, Catravas GN (1993) Membranes as sensitive targets in thymocyte apoptosis. International Journal of Radiation Biology 63(6):693–701.
- Rokita H, Neta R, Sipe JD (1993) Increased fibrinogen synthesis in mice during the acute phase response: Cooperative interaction of interleukin 1, interleukin 6, and interleukin 1 receptor antagonist. Cytokine 5(5):454–458.
- Steel-Goodwin L, Egan JE, Kendrick JM, Jackson WE, Heman-Ackah LM, Eckstein JM (1993) Comparative intestinal and testes toxicity of four aminothiols in irradiated and nonirradiated mice. Annals of Clinical and Laboratory Science 23(6):439–447.
- Strassmann G, Fong M, Windsor S, Neta R (1993) The role of interleukin-6 in lipopolysaccharide-induced weight loss, hypoglycemia and fibrinogen production, in vivo. Cytokine 5(4):285–290.
- Vaishnav YN, Swenberg CE (1993) Radiolysis in aqueous solution of dinucleoside monophosphates by high-energy electrons and fission neutrons. Radiation Research 133:12–19.
- Whitnall MH (1993) Regulation of the hypothalamic corticotropin-releasing hormone neurosecretory system. Progress in Neurobiology 40:573–629.
- Whitnall MH, Driscoll WJ, Lee YC, Strott CA (1993) Estrogen and hydroxysteroid sulfotransferases in guinea pig adrenal cortex: Cellular and subcellular distributions. Endocrinology 133(5):2284–2291.
- Whitnall MH, Kiss A, Aguilera G (1993) Contrasting effects of central alpha-1-adrenoreceptor activation on stress-responsive and stress-nonresponsive subpopulations of corticotropin-releasing hormone neurosecretory cells in the rat. Neuroendocrinology 58(1):42–48.
- Winsauer PJ, Mele PC (1993) Effects of sublethal doses of ionizing radiation on repeated acquisition in rats. Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior 44:809–814.
|TOP OF PAGE
- Baker WH, Nold JB, Patchen ML, Jackson WE (1992) Histopathologic effects of soluble glucan and WR-2721, independently and in combination in C3H/hen mice. Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine 201(2):180–191.
- Brook I, Ledney GD (1992) Quinolone therapy in the management of infection after irradiation. Critical Reviews in Microbiology 18(4):235–246.
- Brook I, Ledney GD (1992) Short and long courses of ofloxacin therapy of Klebsiella pneumoniae sepsis following radiation. Radiation Research 130: 61–64.
- Brook I, Ledney GD, Madonna GS, DeBell RM, Walker RI (1992) Therapies for radiation injuries: Research perspectives. Military Medicine 157(3):130–136.
- Browne D, Weiss JF, MacVittie TJ, Pillai MV (1992) Protocol for the treatment of radiation injuries. Advanced Space Research 12(2–3):165–168.
- Chock SP, Schmauder-Chock EA (1992) The secretory granule and the mechanism of stimulus-secretion coupling. Current Topics in Cell Regulation 32–183.
- Colden-Stanfield M, Cramer EB, Gallin EK (1992) Comparison of apical and basal surfaces of confluent endothelial cells: patch-clamp and viral studies. AJP-Cell Physiology, 263(3):C573–C583.
- Collins DL (1992) Behavioral differences of irradiated persons associated with the Kyshtym, Chelyabinsk, and Chernobyl nuclear accidents. Military Medicine 157:548–552.
- Devi PU, Prasanna PG, Rao BS (1992) Effect of thiol protectors on cell cycle phases in murine bone marrow. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology 30(12):1208–1210.
- Dubois CM, Ruscetti FW, Keller JR, Oppenheim JJ, Hestdal K, Chizzonite R, Neta R (1992) In vivo interleukin-1 (IL-1) administration indirectly promotes type II IL-1 receptor expression on hematopoietic bone marrow cells: Novel mechanism for the hematopoietic effects of IL-1. Blood 78(11):2841–2847.
- Gallin EK, Green SW, Patchen ML (1992) Comparative effects of particulate and soluble glucan on macrophages of C3H/HeN and C3H/HeJ mice. International Journal of Immunopharmacology 14(2):173–183.
- Gilman SC, Bonner MJ, Pellmar TC (1992) Peroxide effects on [3H]L-glutamate release by synaptosomes isolated from the cerebral cortex. Neuroscience Letters 140(2):157–160.
- Gray B, Carmichael AJ (1992) Kinetics of superoxide scavenging by dismutase enzymes and manganese mimics determined by electron spin resonance. Biochemical Journal 281:795–802.
- Iliakis GE, Pantelias GE, Okayasu R, Blakely WF (1992) Induction by H2O2 of DNA and interphase chromosome damage in plateau-phase Chinese hamster ovary cells. Radiation Research 131(2):192–203.
- Joseph JA, Hunt WA, Rabin BM, Dalton TK (1992) Possible "accelerated striatal aging" induced by 56Fe heavy-particle irradiation: implications for manned space flights. Radiation Research 130(1):88–93.
- Kalinich JF, McClain DE (1992) An in vitro method for radiolabeling proteins with 35S. Analytical Biochemistry 205(2):208–212.
- Kandasamy SB, Harris AH (1992) Effect of prostaglandins, inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate, and phorbol esters on radiation-induced decreases in calcium influx in rat brain synaptosomes. Radiation Research 131(1)43–46.
- Kearsley E (1992) Energy deposition in a spherical cavity of arbitrary size and composition. Radiation Protection Dosimetry 44:61–64.
- Landauer MR, Davis HD, Kumar Ks, Weiss JF (1992) Behavioral toxicity of selected radioprotectors. Advanced Space Research 12(2–3):273–283.
- Ledney GD, Madonna GS, Moore MM, Elliott TB, Brook I (1992) Synthetic trehalose dicorynomycolate and antimicrobials increase survival from sepsis in mice immunocompromised by radiation and trauma. Journal of Medicine 23(3–4):253–264.
- Makale MT, King GL (1992) Surgical and pharmacological dissociation of cardiovascular and emetic responses to intragastric CuSO4. American Journal of Physiology 263:R284–R291.
- McDonough JH, Mele PC, Franz CG (1992) Comparison of behavioral and radioprotective effects of WR-2721 and WR-3689. Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior 42:233–243.
- McLean KM, Gutman PD, Minton KW, Clark EP (1992) Increased resistance to ionizing and ultraviolet radiation in Escherichia coli JM83 is associated with a chromosomal rearrangement. Radiation Research 130(3):366–371.
- Mele PC McDonough JR, McLean DB, O'Halloran KP (1992) Cisplatin-induced conditioned taste aversion: attenuation by dexamethasone but not zacopride or GR38032F. European Journal of Pharmacology 218(2–3):229–236.
- Mickley GA, Ferguson JL, Nemeth TJ (1992) Serial injections of MK 801 (Dizocilpine) in neonatal rats reduce behavioral deficits associated with X-ray-induced hippocampal granule cell hypoplasia. Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 43(3):785–793.
- Miller AC, Blakely WF (1992) Inhibition of glutathione reductase activity by a carbamoylating nitrosourea: Effect on cellular radiosensitivity. Free Radical Biology and Medicine 12:53–62.
- Neta R, Perlstein R, Vogel SN, Ledney GD, Abrams J (1992) Role of interleukin 6 (IL-6) in protection from lethal irradiation and in endocrine responses to IL-1 and tumor necrosis factor. Journal of Experimental Medicine 175:689–694.
- Patchen ML, MacVittie TJ, Solberg BD, D'Alesandro MM, Brook I (1992) Radioprotection by polysaccharides alone and in combination with aminothiols. Advanced Space Research 12(2–3):233–248.
- Patchen ML, MacVittie TJ, Souza LM (1992) Postirradiation treatment with granulocyte colony-stimulating factor and preirradiation WR-2721 administration synergize to enhance hemopoietic reconstitution and increase survival. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics 22:773–779.
- Pellmar TC, Lepinski DL (1992) Electrophysiological consequences of exposure of hippocampal slices to dihydroxyfumarate, a generator of superoxide radicals. Brain Research 569:189–198.
- Pellmar TC, Roney D, Lepinski DL (1992) Role of glutathione in repair of free radical damage in hippocampus in vitro. Brain Research 583(1–2):194–200.
- Rabin BM, Hunt WA (1992) Relationship between vomiting and taste aversion learning in the ferret: studies with ionizing radiation, lithium chloride, and amphetamine. Behavioral and Neural Biology 58(2):83–93.
- Rabin BM, Hunt WA, Wilson ME, Joseph JA (1992) Emesis in ferrets following exposure to different types of radiation: a dose-response study. Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine 63(8):702–705.
- Ramakrishnan N, Catravas GN (1992) N-(2-mercaptoethyl)-1,3-propanediamine (WR-1065) protects thymocytes from programmed cell death. Journal of Immunology 148(6):1817–1821.
- Ramakrishnan N, Wolfe WW, Catravas GN (1992) Radioprotection of hematopoietic tissues in mice by lipoic acid. Radiation Research 130(3):360–365.
- Schmauder-Chock EA, Chock SP (1992) Prostaglandin E2 localization in the rat ileum. Histochemical Journal 24(9):663–672.
- Srinivasan V, Weiss JF (1992) Radioprotection by vitamin E: injectable vitamin E administered alone or with WR-3689 enhances survival of irradiated mice. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, and Physics 23(4):841–845.
- Steel-Goodwin L, Kendrick JM, Egan JE, Eckstein JM (1992) Pathological evaluation of WR-151327 administered orally in irradiated and non-irradiated male mice. Annals of Clinical and Laboratory Science 22(3):182.188.
- Vaishnav YN, Kan LS, Swenberg CE (1993) Application of high-performance liquid chromatography assay for monitoring kinetics of interconversions of stereoisomers of thymidine glycol. Journal of Liquid Chromatography 15(13):2385–2396.
- Vriesendorp HM, Vigneulle RM, Kitto G, Pelky T, Taylor P, Smith J (1993) Survival after total body irradiation: Effects of irradiation of exteriorized small intestine. Radiotherapy and Oncology 23:160–169.
- Weiss JF, Srinivasan V, Kumar KS, Landauer MR (1992) Radioprotection by metals: Selenium. Advanced Space Research 12(2–3):223–231.
- Whitnall MH, Perlstein RS, Mougey EH, Neta R (1992) Effects of interleukin-1 on the stress responsive and nonresponsive subtypes of corticotropin releasing hormone neurosecretory axons. Endocrinology 131:37–44.
- Xu R, Birke S, Carberry SE, Geacintov NE, Swenberg CE, Harvey RG (1992) Differences in unwinding of supercoiled DNA induced by the two enantiomers of anti-benzo[a]pyrene diol epoxide. Nucleic Acids Research 20(23):6167–6176.
- Yang GL, Swenberg CE (1992) Estimation of open dwell time and problems of identifiability in channel experiments. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference 33(1):107–119.
|TOP OF PAGE
- Balcer-Kubiczek EK, Harrison GH, Hei TK (1991) Neutron dose-rate experiments at the AFRRI nuclear reactor. Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute. Radiation Research 128(1 Suppl):S65–70.
- Brook I, Ledney GD (1991) Oral aminoglycoside and ofloxacin therapy in the prevention of gram-negative sepsis after irradiation. Journal of Infectious Diseases 164(5):917–921.
- Brook I, Ledney GD (1991) Ofloxacin and penicillin G combination therapy in prevention of bacterial translocation and animal mortality after irradiation. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 35(8):1685–1687.
- Browne D (1991) Biomedical lessons from the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant accident. Journal of the U.S. Army Medical Department 9:25–29.
- Bruley des Varannes S, Mizrahi M, Dubois A (1991) Analysis by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis of DNA double-strand breakage and repair in Deinococcus radiodurans and a radiosensitive mutant. International Journal of Radiation Biology 60(4):613-626.
- Bruley des Varannes S, Mizrahi M, Dubois A (1991) Relation between postprandial gastric emptying and cutaneous electrogastrogram in primates. American Journal of Physiology 261(2 Pt 1):248–255.
- Chock SP, Rhee SG, Tang LC, Schmauder-Chock EA (1991) Linking phospholipase A2 to phospholipid turnover and prostaglandin synthesis in mast cell granules. European Journal of Biochemistry 195:707–713.
- Cockerham LG, Prell GD, Cerveny TJ, O'Brien M, Hampton JD (1991) Effects of aminoguanidine on pre- and post-irradiation regional cerebral blood flow, systemic blood pressure and plasma histamine levels in the primate. Agents and Actions 32(3–4):237–244.
- Dubois CM, Ruscetti FW, Keller JR, Oppenheim JJ, Hestdal K, Chizzonite R, Neta R (1991) In vivo interleukin-1 (IL-1) administration indirectly promotes type II IL-1 receptor expression on hematopoietic bone marrow cells: novel mechanism for the hematopoietic effects of IL-1. Blood 78(11):2841–2847.
- Dubois A, Tarnawski A, Newell DG, Fiala N, Dabros W, Stachura J, Krivan H, Heman-Ackah LM (1991) Gastric injury and invasion of parietal cells by spiral bacteria in rhesus monkeys. Are gastritis and hyperchlorhydria infectious diseases? Gastroenterology 100(4):884–891.
- Gallin EK (1991) Ion channels in leukocytes. Physiological Reviews 71(3):775–811.
- Grimsley JK, Masters CI, Clark EP, Minton KW (1991) Analysis by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis of DNA double-strand breakage and repair in Deinococcus radiodurans and a radiosensitive mutant. International Journal of Radiation Biology 60(4):613–626.
- Kalinich JF, Catravas GN, Snyder SL (1991) Radioprotective properties of DNA methylation-disrupting agents. International Journal of Radiation Biology 59(5):1217–1226.
- Kandasamy SB (1991) Ionizing radiation and calcium channels. Annals of the New York Academy of Science 635:429–431.
- Kandasamy SB, Howerton TC, Hunt WA (1991) Reductions in calcium uptake induced in rat brain synaptosomes by ionizing radiation. Radiation Research 125(2):158–162.
- Kandasamy SB, Hunt WA, Harris AH (1991) Role of neurotensin in radiation-induced hypothermia in rats. Radiation Research 126(2):218–222.
- Ledney GD, Madonna GS, Elliott TB, Moore MM, Jackson WE III (1991) Therapy of infections in mice irradiated in mixed neutron/photon fields and inflicted with wound trauma: A review of current work. Radiation Research 128:S18–S28.
- MacVittie TJ, Monroy RL, Farese AM, Patchen ML, Seiler FR, Williams D (1991) Cytokine therapy in canine and primate models of radiation-induced marrow aplasia. In: Proceedings of the Behring Satellite-Symposium in Parma, on July 21, 1991. Behring Inst Mitt. 90:1–13.
- MacVittie TJ, Monroy R, Vigneulle RM, Zeman GH, Jackson WE (1991) The relative biological effectiveness of mixed fission-neutron-gamma radiation on the hematopoietic syndrome in the canine: effect of therapy on survival. Radiation Research 128(1):29–36.
- Madonna GS, Ledney GD, Moore MM, Elliott TB, Brook I (1990) Treatment of mice with sepsis following irradiation and trauma with antibiotics and synthetic trehalose dicorynomycolate (S-TDCM). Journal of Trauma 31(3):316–325.
- Madonna GS, Ledney GD, Walker RI (1991) Immunomodulators: a key to controlling infections in military personnel? Military Medicine 578–579.
- Mickley GA, Ferguson JL, Mulvihill MA, Nemeth TJ (1991) Early neural grafts transiently reduce the behavioral effects of radiation-induced fascia dentata granule cell hypoplasia. Brain Research 550(1):24–34.
- Miller JH, Nelson JM, Ye M, Swenberg CE, Speicher JM, Benham CJ (1991) Negative supercoiling increases the sensitivity of plasmid DNA to single-strand break induction by x-rays. International Journal of Radiation Biology 59(4):941–949.
- Neta R, Oppenheim JJ (1991) Radioprotection with cytokines—learning from nature to cope with radiation damage. Cancer Cells 3(10):391–396.
- Neta R, Oppenheim JJ (1991) Radioprotection with cytokines: a clarification of terminology. Cancer Cells 3(11):457.
- Neta R, Oppenheim JJ, Schreiber RD, Chizzonite R, Ledney GD, MacVittie TJ (1991) Role of cytokines (interleukin 1, tumor necrosis factor, and transforming growth factor beta) in natural and lipopolysaccharide-enhanced radioresistance. Journal of Experimental Medicine 173(5):1177–1182.
- Patchen ML, MacVittie TJ, Williams JL, Schwartz GN, Souza LM (1991) Administration of interleukin-6 stimulates multilineage hematopoiesis and accelerates recovery from radiation-induced hematopoietic depression. Blood 77(3):472–480.
- Pellmar TC (1991) Fatty acids modulate excitability in guinea-pig hippocampal slices. Neuroscience 45(2):273–280.
- Pellmar TC, Hollinden GE, Sarvey JM (1991) Free radicals accelerate the decay of long-term potentiation in field CA1 of guinea-pig hippocampus. Neuroscience 44(2):353–359.
- Perlstein RS, Mougey EH, Jackson WE, Neta R (1991) Interleukin-1 and interleukin-6 act synergistically to stimulate the release of adrenocorticotropic hormone in vivo. Lymphokin and Cystokine Research 10(1–2):141–146.
- Pronai L, Ichimori K, Nozaki H, Nakazawa H, Okino H, Carmichael AJ, Arroyo CM (1991) Investigation of the existence and biological role of L-arginine/nitric oxide pathway in human platelets by spin-trapping/EPR studies. European Journal of Biochemistry 202(3):923–930.
- Rabin BM, Hunt WA, Joseph JA, Dalton TK, Kandasamy SP (1991) Relationship between linear energy transfer and behavioral toxicity in rats following exposure to protons and heavy particles. Radiation Research 128(2):216–221.
- Redpath JL, Sun C, Blakely WF (1991) Effect of fission-neutron dose rate on the induction of a tumor-associated antigen in human cell hybrids (HeLa X skin fibroblasts). Radiation Research 128(1):71–74.
- Rubin DB, Drab EA, Stone AM, Walden TL Jr., Hanson WR (1991) The influence of exogenous eicosanoids on the radiation response of cultured bovine aortic endothelial cells. Radiation Research 125(1):41–47.
- Samid D, Miller AC, Rimoldi D, Gafner J, Clark EP (1991) Increased radiation resistance in transformed and nontransformed cells with elevated ras proto-oncogene expression. Radiation Research 126(2):244–250.
- Swenberg CE, Birke S, Geacintov NE (1991) Characterization of the interaction of the radioprotector 1-methyl-2-[2-(methylthio)-2-piperidinovinyl]quinolinium iodide with supercoiled DNA. Radiation Research 127(2):138–145.
- Vaishnav Y, Holwitt E, Swenberg C, Lee HC, Kan LS (1991) Synthesis and characterization of stereoisomers of 5,6-dihydro-5,6-dihydroxy-thymidine. Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics 8(5):935–951.
- Vogel SN, Henricson BE, Neta R (1991) Roles of interleukin-1 and tumor necrosis factor in lipopolysaccharide-induced hypoglycemia. Infection and Immunity 59(7):2494–2498.
- Yang GL, Swenberg CE (1991) Stochastic modeling of dose-response for single cells in radiation experiments. Math. Scientist 16:46–65.
|TOP OF PAGE
- Arroyo CM, Carmichael AJ (1990) ESR study of electron transfer reactions between γ-irradiated pyrimidines, adriamycin and oxygen. Free Radical Biology and Medicine 9(3):191–197.
- Arroyo CM, Carmichael AJ, Bouscarel B, Liang JH, Weglicki WB (1990) Endothelial cells as a source of oxygen-free radicals. An ESR study. Free Radical Research Communications 9(3–6):287–296.
- Arroyo CM, Forray C, el-Fakahany EE, Rosen GM (1990) Receptor-mediated generation of an EDRF-like intermediate in a neuronal cell line detected by spin trapping techniques. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 170(3):1177–1183.
- Blakely WF, Fuciarelli AF, Wegher BJ, Dizdaroglu M (1990) Hydrogen peroxide-induced base damage in deoxyribonucleic acid. Radiation Research 121(3):338–343.
- Brook I, Elliott TB, Ledney GD (1990) Quinolone therapy of Klebsiella pneumoniae sepsis following irradiation: comparison of pefloxacin, ciprofloxacin, and ofloxacin. Radiation Research 122(2):215–217.
- Brook I, Ledney GD (1990) Oral ofloxacin therapy of Pseudomonas aeruginosa sepsis in mice after irradiation. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 34(7):1387–1389.
- Browne D (1990) Biomedical lessons from the Chernobyl nuclear power plant accident. U.S. Army Medical Department Journal 10:25–29.
- Carmichael AJ (1990) Reaction of vanadyl with hydrogen peroxide. An ESR and spin trapping study. Free Radical Research Communication, 10(1–2):37–45.
- Carmichael AJ (1990) Vanadyl-induced Fenton-like reaction in RNA: An ESR and spin trapping study. FEB Letters 261(1):165–170.
- Chock SP, Schmauder-Chock EA (1990) A new model for the mechanism of stimulus-secretion coupling. Biofactors 2(3):133–146.
- Elliott TB, Brook I, Stiefel SM (1990) Quantitative study of wound infection in irradiated mice. International Journal of Radiation Biology 58(2):341–350.
- Fitz TA, Contois DF, Liu YX, Watt DS, Walden TL Jr. (1990) Interaction of leukotriene C4 and Chinese hamster lung fibroblasts (V79A03 cells). 1. Characterization of binding. Prostaglandins 40(4):417–429.
- Fuchs P, Krolak JM, McClain D, Minton KW (1990) 18 S rRNA degradation is not accompanied by altered rRNA transport at early times following irradiation of HeLa cells. Radiation Research 121(1):67–70.
- Fuciarelli AF, Wegher BJ, Blakely WF, Dizdaroqlu M (1990) Yields of radiation-induced base products in DNA: effects of DNA conformation and gassing conditions. International Journal of Radiation Biology 58(3):397–415.
- Geacintov NE, Cosman M, Ibanez V, Birke SS, Swenberg CE (1990) Characteristics of noncovalent and covalent interactions of (+) and anti-benzo (a) pyrene diol epoxide stereoisomers of different biological activities with DNA. Molecular Basis of Specificity in Nucleic Acid-Drug Interactions, 433–450.
- Gerstenberg HM, Hansen JW, Coyne JJ, Zoetelief J (1990) Calculations of the relative effectiveness of alanine for neutrons with energies up to 17.1 MeV. Radiation Protection Dosimetry 31:85–89.
- Gruber DF, O'Halloran KP, D'Alesandro MM, Farese AM (1990) Hypermetabolic priming of canine neutrophils by 7-S nerve growth factor. American Journal of Veterinary Research 51(6):921–923.
- Gunter-Smith PJ (1988) Apical membrane potassium conductance in guinea pig gallbladder epithelial cells. American Journal of Physiology 255(6 Pt 1):C808–815.
- Held KD, Mirro J, Melder DC, Blakely WF, Oleinick NL, Chiu SM (1990) Radiation-induced binding of DNA from irradiated mammalian cells to hydroxyapatite columns. Radiation Research 123(3):268–274.
- Holobaugh PA, McChesney DC (1990) Effect of anticoagulants and heat on the detection of tumor necrosis factor in murine blood. Journal of Immunological Methods 135(1–2):95–99.
- Holwitt EA, Koda E, Swenberg CE (1990) Enhancement of topoisomerase I-mediated unwinding of supercoiled DNA by the radioprotector WR-33278. Radiation Research 124(1):107–109.
- Hunt WA, Dalton TK, Joseph JA, Rabin BM (1990) Reduction of 3-methoxytyramine concentrations in the caudate nucleus of rats after exposure to high-energy iron particles: evidence for deficits in dopaminergic neurons. Radiation Research 121(2):169–174.
- Jacobus JP, McNaughton JR (1990) Development and testing of a new alpha radiac. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research 299(1–3):162–165.
- Kandasamy SB, Hunt WA (1990) Arachidonic acid and prostaglandins enhance potassium-stimulated calcium influx into rat brain synaptosomes. Neuropharmacology 29(9):825–829.
- Kandasamy SB, Hunt WA (1990) Involvement of prostaglandins and histamine in radiation-induced temperature responses in rats. Radiation Research 121(1):84–90.
- Kiang JG, Colden-Stanfield M (1990) Morphine induces an intracellular alkalinization in bovine aortic endothelial cells (BAECs). Progress in Clinical and Biological Research 328:137–140.
- Kiang JG, McKinney LC, Gallin EK (1990) Heat induces intracellular acidification in human A-431 cells: role of Na(+)-H+ exchange and metabolism. American Journal of Physiology 259(5 Pt 1):C727–737.
- King GL (1990) Emesis and defecations induced by the 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT3) receptor antagonist zacopride in the ferret. Pharmacology 253(3):1034–1041.
- King GL, Landauer MR (1990) Effects of zacopride and BMY25801 (batanopride) on radiation-induced emesis and locomotor behavior in the ferret. Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 253(3):1026–1033.
- Landauer MR, Davis HD, Walden TL (1990) Behavioral and physiological effects of leukotriene C4. Prostaglandis, Leukotrienes, and Essential Fatty Acids 39(4):247–252.
- Landauer MR, Walden TL, Davis HD (1990) Behavioral effects of radioprotective agents in mice: combination of WR-2721 and 16, 16 dimethyl prostaglandin E2. Frontiers in Radiation Biology 199–207.
- Litten RZ, Fein HG, Gainey GT, Walden TL, Smallridge RC (1990) Alterations in rat cardiac myosin isozymes induced by whole-body irradiation are prevented by 3,5,3'-L-triiodothyronine. Metabolism 39(1):64–68.
- Liu YX, Contois DF, Watt DS, Walden TL Jr., Fitz TA (1990) Interaction of leukotriene C4 and Chinese hamster lung fibroblasts (V79A03 cells). 2. Subcellular distribution of binding and unlikely role of glutathione-S-transferase. Prostaglandins 40(4):431–443.
- MacVittie TJ, Monroy RL, Patchen ML, Souza LM (1990) Therapeutic use of recombinant human G-CSF (rhG-CSF) in a canine model of sublethal whole-body irradiation. International Journal of Radiation Biology 57(4):723–736.
- Maier DM, Landauer MR (1990) Onset of behavioral effects in mice exposed to 10 Gy 60Co radiation. Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine 61(10):893–898.
- McCarthy KF, Hale ML (1990) Further enrichment and analysis of rat CFU-s. Stem Cells 8:184–195.
- McChesney DG, Ledney GD, Madonna GS (1990) Trehalose dimycolate enhances survival of fission neutron-irradiated mice and Klebsiella pneumoniae-challenged irradiated mice. Radiation Research 121(1):71–75.
- McClain DE, Trypus CA, May L (1990) Effect of gamma radiation on membrane fluidity of MOLT-4 nuclei. Radiation Research 123(3):263–267.
- McKinney LC, Gallin EK (1990) Effect of adherence, cell morphology, and lipopolysaccharide on potassium conductance and passive membrane properties of murine macrophage J774.1 cells. Journal of Membrane Biology 116(1):47–56.
- Mele PC, Franz CG, Harrison JR (1990) Effects of ionizing radiation on fixed-ratio escape performance in rats. Neurotoxicology and Teratology 12(4):367–373.
- Mickley GA, Ferguson JL, Nemeth TJ, Mulvihill MA (1990) Neural grafts attenuate behavioral deficits produced by early radiation-induced hypoplasia of fascia dentata granule cells. Brain Research 509(2):280–292.
- Mickley GA, Mulvihill MA, Postler MA (1990) Brain mu and delta opioid receptors mediate different locomotor hyperactivity responses of the C57BL/6J mouse. Psychopharmacology 101(3):332–337.
- Miller JH, Swenberg CE (1990) Radical yields in DNA exposed to ionizing radiation: role of energy and charge transfer. Canadian Journal of Physics 68:962–966.
- Murphy PM, Gallin EK, Tiffany HL (1990) Characterization of human phagocytic cell receptors for C5A and platelet activating factor expressed in Xenopus oocytes. Journal of Immunology 145(7):2227–2234.
- Murphy PM, Gallin EK, Tiffany HL, Malech HL (1990) The formyl peptide chemoattractant receptor is encoded by a 2 kilobase messenger RNA. Expression in Xenopus oocytes. FEBS Letters 261(2):353–357.
- Neta R, Vogel SN, Plocinski JM, Tare NS, Benjamin W, Chizzonite R, Pilcher M (1990) In vivo modulation with anti-interleukin-1 (IL-1) receptor (p80) antibody 35F5 of the response to IL-1. The relationship of radioprotection, colony-stimulating factor, and IL-6. Blood 76(1):57–62.
- Patchen ML, MacVittie TJ, Solberg BD, Souza LM (1990) Survival enhancement and hemopoietic regeneration following radiation exposure: therapeutic approach using glucan and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor. Experimental Hematology 18(9):1042–1048.
- Patchen ML, MacVittie TJ, Solberg BD, Souza LM (1990) Therapeutic administration of recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor accelerates hemopoietic regeneration and enhances survival in a murine model of radiation-induced myelosuppression. International Journal of Cell Cloning 8(2):107–122.
- Patchen ML, MacVittie TJ, Weiss JF (1990) Combined modality radioprotection: the use of glucan and selenium with WR-2721. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics 18(5):1069–1075.
- Pellmar TC, Schauer DA, Zeman GH (1990) Time- and dose-dependent changes in neuronal activity produced by X radiation in brain slices. Radiation Research 122(2):209–214.
- Schmauder-Chock EA, Chock SP (1990) New membrane assembly in IgE receptor-mediated exocytosis. Histochemical Journal 22(4):215–226.
- Schwartz GN, Patchen ML, Neta R, MacVittie TJ (1990) Radioprotection of mice with interleukin-1: relationship to the number of erythroid and granulocyte-macrophage colony-forming cells. Radiation Research 121(2):220–226.
- Stewart DA, Ledney GD, Madonna GS, Stiefel SM, Moore MM (1990) Synthetic trehalose dicorynomycolate (S-TDCM) increases hematopoietic cell proliferation in fission neutron (n/g=1) irradiated mice. Military Medical Laboratory Science 19(4):208–213.
- Swenberg CE, Carberry SE, Geacintov NE (1990) Linear dichroism characteristics of ethidium-and proflavine-supercoiled DNA complexes. Biopolymers 29(14):1735–1744.
- Uma Devi P, Prasanna PG (1990) Radioprotective effect of combinations of WR-2721 and mercaptopropionylglycine on mouse bone marrow chromosomes. Radiation Research 124(2):165–170.
- Vigneulle RM, Herrera J, Gage T, MacVittie TJ, Taylor P, Nold JB, Dubios A (1990) Nonuniform irradiation of the canine intestine. I. Effects. Radiation Research 121:46–53.
- Weintroub S, Weiss JF, Catravas GN, Reddi AH (1990) Influence of whole body irradiation and local shielding on matrix-induced endochondral bone differentiation. Calcified Tissue International 46(1):38–45.
- Weiss JF, Kumar KS, Walden TL, Neta R, Landauer MR, Clark EP (1990) Advances in radioprotection through the use of combined agent regimens. International Journal of Radiation Biology 57(4):709–722.
- Zeman GH, Mohaupt TH, Taylor PL, MacVittie TJ, Dubois A, Vigneulle RM (1990) Nonuniform irradiation of the canine intestine. II. Dosimetry. Radiation Research 121:54–62.
|TOP OF PAGE