|You are here: HOME > Publications > Journal Articles, 1980–1989
Journal Articles, 1980-1989
- Some documents are available as portable document format (PDF) files.
To view PDFs, your computer must have PDF-reader software such as Acrobat Reader (download free).
- Copyrighted information is provided with the permission of the copyright owner.
|1989 1988 1987 1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1981 1980
2010–2019 | 2000–2009 | 1990–1999 | 1980–1989 | 1970–1979 | 1961–1969
- Allalunis-Turner MJ, Walden TL Sr., Sawich C (1989) Induction of marrow hypoxia by radioprotective agents. Radiation Research 118(3):581–586.
- Anno GH, Baum SJ, Withers HR, Young RW (1989) Symptomatology of acute radiation effects in humans after exposure to doses of 0.5–30 Gy. Health Physics 56(6):821–838.
- Blakely E, Chang P, Lommel L, Bjornstad K, Dixon M, Tobias C, Kumar K, Blakely WF (1989) Cell-cycle radiation response: role of intracellular factors. Advances in Space Research, 9(10):177–186.
- Bogo V, Zeman GH, Dooley M (1989) Radiation quality and rat motor performance. Radiation Research 118(2):341–352.
- Bondy CA, Whitnall MH, Brady LS, Gainer H (1989) Coexisting peptides in hypothalamic neuroendocrine systems: some functional implications. Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology 9(4):427–446.
- Brook I, Elliott TB (1989) Treatment of wound sepsis in irradiated mice. International Journal of Radiation Biology 56(1):75–82.
- Burghardt WF Jr., Hunt VA (1989) Characteristics of radiation-induced performance changes in bar-press avoidance with and without a preshock warning cue. Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 33(3):549–554.
- Carcillo JA, Litten RZ, Roth BL (1989) Norepinephrine-induced phosphorylation of a 25 kd phosphoprotein in rat aorta is altered in intraperitoneal sepsis. Circulatory Shock 28(3):257–265.
- Chedester AL, Bakarich AC, Rabin BM, Banks RE, Hadick CL (1989) Preparation and care of the area postrema-lesioned cat. Journal of Investigative Surgery 2(3):253–262.
- Chock SP, Schmauder-Chock EA (1989) Phospholipid storage in the secretory granule of the mast cell. Journal of Biological Chemistry 264(5):2862–2868.
- Elliott TB, Madonna GS, Ledney GD, Brook I (1989) Combined therapy for postirradiation infection. Microecology and Therapy 19:105–109.
- Foskett JK, Gunter-Smith PJ, Melvin JE, Turner RJ (1989) Physiological localization of an agonist-sensitive pool of Ca2+ in parotid acinar cells. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA 86(1):167–171.
- Freschi JE, Livengood DR (1989) Membrane current underlying muscarinic cholinergic excitation of motoneurons in lobster cardiac ganglion. Journal of Neurophysiology 62(4):984–995.
- Fuciarelli AF, Wegher BJ, Gajewski E, Dizdaroqiu M, Blakely WF (1989) Quantitative measurement of radiation-induced base products in DNA using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. Radiation Research 119(2):219–231.
- Gruber DF, D'Alesandro MM, Walden TL Jr. (1989) In vitro effects of leukotriene B4 (LTB4) on canine PMN effector function(s). Agents and Actions 28(3–4):256–263.
- Gruber DF, Farese AM (1989) Bone marrow myelopoiesis in rats after 10%, 20%, or 30% thermal injury. Journal of Burn and Care Rehabilitation 10(5):410–417.
- Gruber DF, Farese AM (1989) Tropism of canine neutrophils to xanthine oxidase. American Journal of Veterinary Research 50(7):1102–1105.
- Gruber DF, O'Halloran KP, Farese AM (1989) Aminophylline induced oxidative metabolism in isolated canine polymorphonuclear leukocytes. Immunopharmacology and Immunotoxicology 11(2–3):151–163.
- Gruber DF, O'Halloran KP, Farese AM (1989) Xanthine oxidase potentiation of reactive oxygen intermediates in isolated canine peripheral neutrophils. Journal of Biological Response Modifiers 8(5):462–467.
- Gunter-Smith PJ (1989) Gamma radiation affects active electrolyte transport by rabbit ileum. II. Correlation of alanine and theophylline response with morphology. Radiation Research 117(3):419–432.
- Hunt WA, Joseph JA, Rabin BM (1989) Behavioral and neurochemical abnormalities after exposure to low doses of high-energy iron particles. Advances in Space Research 9(10):333–336.
- Kalinich JF, Catravas GN, Snyder SL (1989) The effect of gamma radiation on DNA methylation. Radiation Research 117(2):185–197.
- Madonna GS, Ledney GD, Elliott TB, Brook I, Ulrich JT, Myers KR, Patchen ML, Walker RI (1989) Trehalose dimycolate enhances resistance to infection in neutropenic animals. Infection and Immunity 57(8):2495–2501.
- Maier DM, Landauer MR (1989) Effects of acute sublethal gamma radiation exposure on aggressive behavior in male mice: a dose-response study. Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine 60(8):774–778.
- Maier DM, Landauer MR, Davis HD, Walden TL (1989) Effect of electron radiation on aggressive behavior, activity, and hemopoiesis in mice. Journal of Radiation Research 30(3):255–265.
- McClain DE, Kalinich JF, Poplack JK, Snyder SL (1989) Radiation-induced association of beta-glucuronidase with purified nuclei from irradiated MOLT-4 and HeLa cells. Radiation Research 117(2):221–233.
- Mickley GA, Ferguson JL (1989) Enhanced acoustic startle responding in rats with radiation-induced hippocampal granule cell hypoplasia. Experimental Brain Research 75(1):28–34.
- Mickley GA, Ferguson JL, Mulvihill MA, Nemeth TJ (1989) Progressive behavioral changes during the maturation of rats with early radiation-induced hypoplasia of fascia dentata granule cells. Neurotoxicology and Teratology 11(4):385–393.
- Neta R, Monroy R, MacVittie TJ (1989) Utility of interleukin-1 in therapy of radiation injury as studied in small and large animal models. Biotherapy 1(40:301–311.
- Nold JB, Weichbrod RH, Alderks CE (1989) Stomach nodules in pigeons. Lab Animal, 11.
- Oppenheim JJ, Neta R, Tiberghien P, Gress R, Kenny JJ, Longo DL (1989) Interleukin-1 enhances survival of lethally irradiated mice treated with allogeneic bone marrow cells. Blood 74(6):2257–2263.
- Patchen ML, MacVittie TJ, Jackson WE III (1989) Postirradiation glucan administration enhances the radioprotective effects of WR-2721. Radiation Research 117(1):59–69.
- Pellmar TC, Neel KL (1989) Oxidative damage in the guinea pig hippocampal slice. Free Radical Biology and Medicine 6(5):467–472.
- Pellmar TC, Neel KL, Lee KH (1989) Free radicals mediate peroxidative damage in guinea pig hippocampus in vitro. Journal of Neuroscience Research 24(3):437–444.
- Rabin BM, Hunt WA (1989) Interaction of haloperidol and area postrema lesions in the disruption of amphetamine-induced conditioned taste aversion learning in rats. Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 33(4):847–851.
- Rabin BM, Hunt WA, Joseph JA (1989) An assessment of the behavioral toxicity of high-energy iron particles compared to other qualities of radiation. Radiation Research 119(1):113–122.
- Radha E, Vaishnav YN, Kumar KS, Weiss JF (1989) Radiation-induced volatile hydrocarbon production in platelets. Life Science 44(17):1185–1191.
- Ramakrishnan N, Chen R, McClain DE, Bunger R (1989) Pyruvate prevents hydrogen peroxide-induced apoptosis. Free Radic Res. 29(4):283–95.
- Schauer DA, Zeman GH, Pellmar TC (1989) A low-energy x-ray irradiator for electrophysiological studies. International Journal of Radiation Applications and Instrumentation 40(1):7–17.
- Schmauder-Chock EA, Chock SP (1989) Localization of cyclo-oxygenase and prostaglandin E2 in the secretory granule of the mast cell. Journal of Histochemistry and Cytochemistry 37(9):1219–1328.
- Schuening FG, Storb R, Meyer J, Goehle S (1989) Long-term culture of canine bone marrow cells. Experimental Hematology 17(5):411–417.
- Schuening FG, Storb R, Goehle S, Nash R, Graham TC, Appelbaum FR, Hackman R, Sandmaier BM, Urdal DL (1989) Stimulation of canine hematopoiesis by recombinant human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor. Experimental Hematology 17(8):889–894.
- Schwartz GN, Patchen ML, Neta R, MacVittie TJ (1989) Radioprotection of mice with interleukin-1: relationship to the number of spleen colony-forming units. Radiation Research 119(1):101–112.
- Swenberg CE, Miller JH (1989) Response to: 'Are Solitons Responsible for Energy Transfer in Oriented DNA?' International Journal of Radiation Biology 56(3):383–386.
- Vigueulle RM, Vriesendorp HM, Taylor P, Burns W, Pelkey T (1989) Survival after total-body irradiation. I. Effects of partial small bowel shielding. Radiation Research 119(2):313–324.
|TOP OF PAGE
- Blakely EA, Roots RJ, Chang PY, Lommel L, Craise LM, Goodwin EH, Yee E, Dodgen DP, Blakely WF (1988) Cell-cycle dependence of x-ray oxygen effect: role of endogenous glutathione. NCI Monographs 6:217–223.
- Bogo V (1988) Radiation: behavioral implications in space. Toxicology, 49(2–3):299–307.
- Bogo V, Franz CG, Jacobs AJ, Weiss JF, Young RW (1988) Effects of ethiofos (WR-2721) and radiation on monkey visual discrimination performance. Pharmacology and Therapeutics 39(1–3):93–95.
- Carcillo JA, Litten RZ, Suba EA, Roth BL (1988) Alterations in rat aortic alpha 1-adrenoceptors and alpha 1-adrenergic stimulated phosphoinositide hydrolysis in intraperitoneal sepsis. Circulatory Shock 26(3):331–339.
- Carmichael AJ, Arroyo CM, Cockerham LG (1988) Reaction of disodium cromoglycate with hydrated electrons. Free Radical Biology and Medicine 4(4):215–218.
- Carmichael AJ, Arroyo CM, Moore ML (1988) ESR and spin trapping of free radicals produced in poly U and poly A using the boron-neutron capture reaction. International Journal of Radiation Applications and Instrumentation 32(2):227–231.
- Carmichael AJ, Arroyo CM, Walden TL (1988) Gamma radiolysis of RNA: an ESR and spin-trapping study. Basic Life Sciences 49:437–439.
- Chock SP, Schmauder-Chock EA (1988) Synthesis of prostaglandins and eicosanoids by the mast cell secretory granule. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 156(3):1308–1315.
- Cockerham LG, Arroyo CM, Hampton JD (1988) Effect of 4-hydroxypyrazolo (3,4-d) pyrimidine (allopurinol) on postirradiation cerebral blood flow: implications of free radical involvement. Free Radical Biology and Medicine 4(5):279–284.
- Cockerham LG, Pautler EL, Carraway RE, Cochrane DE, Hampton JD (1988) Effect of disodium cromoglycate (DSCG) and antihistamines on postirradiation cerebral blood flow and plasma levels of histamine and neurotensin. Fundamental and Applied Toxicology 10(2):233–242.
- Dirksen ML, Blakely WF, Holwitt E, Dizdaroqlu M (1988) Effect of DNA conformation on the hydroxyl radical-induced formation of 8,5'-cyclopurine 2'-deoxyribonucleoside residues in DNA. International Journal of Radiation Biology 54(2):195–204.
- Dubois A, Fiala N, Boward CA, Bogo V (1988) Prevention and treatment of the gastric symptoms of radiation sickness. Radiation Research 115(3):595–604.
- Dubois A, Walker RI (1988) Prospects for management of gastrointestinal injury associated with the acute radiation syndrome. Gastroenterology 95(2):500–507.
- Foskett JK (1988) Simultaneous Nomarski and fluorescence imaging during video microscopy of cells. American Journal of Physiology 255(4 Pt 10:C566–571.
- Gallin EK, McKinney LC (1988) Patch-clamp studies in human macrophages: single-channel and whole-cell characterization of two K+ conductances. Journal of Membrane Biology 103(1):55–66.
- Gallin EK, McKinney LC (1988) Potassium conductances in macrophates. Society of General Physiologists series 43:315–332.
- Gruber DF, D'Alesandro MM (1988) Changes in canine neutrophil function(s) following cellular isolation by Percoll gradient centrifugation or isotonic lysis. Immunopharmacology and Immunotoxicology 10(4):537–544.
- Gunter-Smith PJ (1988) Apical membrane potassium conductance in guinea pig gallbladder epithelial cells. American Journal of Physiology 255(240:C808–C815.
- Hagan MP, Dodgen DP, Beer JZ (1988) Impaired repair of UVC-induced DNA damage in L5178Y-R cells: sedimentation studies with the use of 5'-bromodeoxyuridine photolysis. Photochemistry and Photobiology 47(6):815–821.
- Holahan PK, Knizner SA, Gabriel CM, Swenberg CE (1988) Alterations in phosphate metabolism during cellular recovery of radiation damage in yeast. International Journal of Radiation Biology 54(4):545–562.
- Hunt WA, Rabin BM (1988) Attenuation of a radiation-induced conditioned taste aversion after the development of ethanol tolerance. Life Sciences 43(1):59–66.
- Hunt WA, Rabin BM, Joseph JA, Dalton TK, Murray WE, Stevens SA (1988) Effects of iron particles on behavior and brain function: initial studies. Terrestrial Space Radiation and Its Biological Effects 537–551.
- Jackson RK, Kieffer VA, Sauber JJ, King GL (1988) A tethered-restraint system for blood collection from ferrets. Laboratory Animal Science 38(5):625–628.
- Joseph JA, Dalton TK, Hunt WA (1988) Age-related decrements in the muscarinic enhancement of K+-evoked release of endogenous striatal dopamine: an indicator of altered cholinergic-dopaminergic reciprocal inhibitory control in senescence. Brain Research 454(1–2):140–148.
- Joseph JA, Dalton TK, Roth GS, Hunt WA (1988) Alterations in muscarinic control of striatal dopamine autoreceptors in senescence: a deficit at the ligand-muscarinic receptor interface? Brain Research 454(1–2):149–155.
- Kaffenberger W, Gruber DF, MacVittie TJ (1988) Flow cytometric characterization of rat thymus cells in a radiation-dominated model of combined injury. Journal of Trauma 28(5):593–601.
- Kandasamy SB, Hunt WA (1988) Involvement of histamine H1 and H2 receptors in hypothermia induced by ionizing radiation in guinea pigs. Life Sciences 42(5):555–563.
- Kandasamy SB, Hunt WA, Mickley GA (1988) Implication of prostaglandins and histamine H1 and H2 receptors in radiation-induced temperature responses of rats. Radiation Research 114(1):42–53.
- Kandasamy SB, Kumar KS, Hunt WA, Weiss JF (1988) Opposite effects of WR-2721 and Wr-1065 on radiation-induced hypothermia: Possible correlation with oxygen uptake. Radiation Research 114(2):240–247.
- King GL (1988) Characterization of radiation-induced emesis in the ferret. Radiation Research 114(3):599–612.
- Landauer MR, Davis HD, Dominitz JA, Weiss JF (1988) Comparative behavioral toxicity of four sulfhydryl radioprotective compounds in mice: WR-2721, cysteamine, diethyldithiocarbamate, and N-acetylcysteine. Pharmacology and Therapeutics 39(1–3):97–100.
- Landauer MR, Davis HD, Dominitz JA, Weiss JF (1988) Long-term effects of radioprotector WR-2721 on locomotor activity and body weight of mice following exposure to ionizing radiation. Toxicology 49(2–3):315–323.
- Litten RZ, Carcillo JA, Roth BL (1988) Alterations in bidirectional transmembrane calcium flux occur without changes in protein kinase C levels in rat aorta during sepsis. Circulatory Shock 25(2):123–130.
- Madonna GS, Ledney GD, Elliott TB, Brook I, Ulrich JT, Myers KR, Patchen ML, Walker RI (1989) Trehalose dimycolate enhances resistance to infection in neutropenic animals. Infection and Immunity 57(8):2495–2501.
- McCarthy KF, Hale ML (1988) Flow cytometry techniques in radiation biology. Toxicology Letters 43(1–3):219–233.
- McCarthy KF, Hale ML (1988) Measurement of the radiosensitivity of rat marrow by flow cytometry. Pharmacology and Therapeutics 39(1–3):79–83.
- Mele PC, Franz CG, Harrison JR (1988) Effects of sublethal doses of ionizing radiation on schedule-controlled performance in rats. Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 30(4):1007–1014.
- Miller JH, Wilson WE, Swenburg CE, Myers LS (1988) Rapid communication stochastic model of free radicals yields in oriented DNA exposed to densely ionizing radiation at 77K. International Journal of Radiation Biology 53(6):901–907.
- Miller JH, Wilson WE, Swenburg CE, Myers LS (1988) Modeling radical yields in oriented DNA exposed to high-let radiation. Radiation Physics and Chemistry 32(3):349–353.
- Miller JH, Wilson WE, Swenberg CE, Myers LS Jr., Charlton DE (1988) Stochastic model of free radical yields in oriented DNA exposed to densely ionizing radiation at 77K. International Journal of Radiation Biology and Related Studies in Physics, Chemistry Medicine, 53(6):901–907.
- Mortensen RF, Shapiro J, Lin BF, Douches S, Neta R (1988) Interaction of recombinant IL-1 and recombinant tumor necrosis factor in the induction of mouse acute phase proteins. Journal of Immunology 140(7):2260–2266.
- Neta R, Oppenheim JJ (1988) Cytokines in therapy of radiation injury. Blood 72(3):1093–1095.
- Neta R, Oppenheim JJ, Douches SD (1988) Interdependence of the radioprotective effects of human recombinant interleukin 1 alpha, tumor necrosis factor alpha, granulocyte colony-stimulating factor, and murine recombinant granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor. Journal of Immunology 140(1):108–111.
- Neta R, Vogel SN, Sipe JD, Wong GG, Nordan RP (1988) Comparison of in vivo effects of human recombinant IL 1 and human recombinant IL 6 in mice. Lymphokine Research 7(4):403–412.
- Oppenheim JJ, Matsushima K, Onozaki K, Neta R (1988) Potential therapeutic applications for interleukin 1: Anti-tumor and hematopoietic effects. Memorias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz 82(II):29–38.
- Patchen ML, D'Alesandro MM, Chirigos MA, Weiss JF (1988) Radioprotection by biological response modifiers alone and in combination with WR-272. Pharmacology and Therapeutics 39(1–3):247–254.
- Pellmar TC, Tolliver JM, Neel KL (1988) Radiation-induced impairment of neuronal excitability. Fundamental and Applied Toxicology 11(4):577–578.
- Rabin BM, Hunt WA, Lee J (1988) Attenuation and cross-attenuation in taste aversion learning in the rat: studies with ionizing radiation, lithium chloride and ethanol. Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 31(4):909–918.
- Raff RF, Severns E, Storb R, Martin P, Graham T, Sandmaier B, Schuening F, Sale G, Appelbaum FR (1988) L-leucyl-L-leucine methyl ester treatment of canine marrow and peripheral blood cells. Inhibition of proliferative responses with maintenance of the capacity for autologous marrow engraftment. Transplantation 46(5):655–660.
- Schwartz GN, Neta R, Vigneulle RM, Patchen ML, MacVittie TJ (1988) Recovery of hematopoietic colony-forming cells in irradiated mice pretreated with interleukin 1 (IL-1). Experimental Hematology 16(9):752–757.
- Steel LK, Catravas GN (1988) Protection against ionizing radiation with eicosanoids. Eicosanoids and Radiation 79–87.
- Steel LK, Hughes HN, Walden TL (1988) Quantitative, functional and biochemical alterations in the peritoneal cells of mice exposed to whole-body gamma irradiation. I. Changes in cellular protein, adherence properties and enzymatic activities associated with platelet-activating factor formation and inactivation, and arachidonate metabolism. International Journal of Radiation Biology 53(6):943–964.
- Swenberg CE (1989) Magnetic resonance imaging and contrast enhancement. Imaging Techniques in Biology and Medicine 301–375.
- Tolliver JM, Pellmar TC (1988) Effects of dithiothreitol, a sulfhydryl reducing agent, on CA1 pyramidal cells of the guinea pig hippocampus in vitro. Brain Research 456(1):49–56.
- Vogel SN, Kaufman EN, Tate MD, Neta R (1988) Recombinant interleukin-1 alpha and recombinant tumor necrosis factor alpha synergize in vivo to induce early endotoxin tolerance and associated hematopoietic changes. Infection and Immunity 56(10):2650–2657.
- Walden TL Jr., (1988) Radioprotection of mouse hematopoietic stem cells by leukotriene A4 and lipoxin B4. Journal of Radiation Research 29(4):255–260.
- Walden TL Jr., Buchner J, Pizzitola V, Blakely WF (1988) Thermospray liquid chromatography mass spectrometry of thiol radioprotective agents: characteristic spectra. Pharmacology and Therapeutics 39(1–3):219–221.
- Walden TL Jr., Kalinich JF (1988) Radioprotection by leukotrienes: is there a receptor mechanism? Pharmacology and Therapeutics 39(1–3):379–384.
- Walker RI, Schmauder-Chock EA, Parker JL, Burr D (1988) Selective association and transport of Campylobacter jejuni through M cells of rabbit Peyer's patches. Canadian Journal of Microbiology 34(10):1142–1147.
- Weiss JF, Kumar KS (1988) Antioxidant mechanisms in radiation injury and radioprotection. Cellular Antioxidant Defense Mechanisms 2(2):163–189.
- Zabrenetzky V, Gallin EK (1988) Inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate concentrations increase after adherence in the macrophage-like cell line J774.1. Biochemical Journal 255(3):1037–1043.
- Zeman GH, Dooley M, Eagleson DM, Goodman LJ, Schwartz RB, Eisenhauer CM, McDonald JC (1988) Intercomparison of Neutron Dosimetry Techniques at the AFFRI Triga Reactor. Radiation Protection Dosimetry 23(1):317–320.
|TOP OF PAGE
- Bogo V, Hill TA, Nold J (1987) Motor performance effects of propylene glycol dinitrate in the rat. Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health 22(1):17–27.
- Conklin JJ, Hagan MP (1987) Research issues for radiation protection for man during prolonged spaceflight. Advances in Radiation Biology 13:215–284.
- DeBell RM, Ledney GD, Snyder SL (1987) Quantification of gut injury with diamine oxidase activity: development of a fission neutron RBE and measurements with combined injury in mouse models. Radiation Research 112(3):508–516.
- Dubois A, Dorval ED, Steel L, Fiala NP, Conklin JJ (1987) Effect of ionizing radiation on prostaglandins and gastric secretion in rhesus monkeys. Radiation Research 110(2):289–293.
- Gallin EK, Green SW (1987) Exposure to gamma-irradiation increases phorbol myristate acetate-induced H2O2 production in human macrophages. Blood 70(3):694–701.
- Hale ML, Greiner DL, McCarthy KF (1987) Characterization of rat prothymocyte with monoclonal antibodies recognizing rat lymphocyte membrane antigenic determinants. Cell Immunology 107(1):188–200.
- Holahan EV, Blakely WF, Walden TL (1987) Effects of PGE2 on radiation response of Chinese hamster V79 cells in vitro. Radiation Injury 253–262.
- Hunt WA, Rabin BM, Lee J (1987) Effects of subdiaphragmatic vagotomy on the acquisition of a radiation-induced conditioned taste aversion. Neurotoxicology and Teratology 9(1):75–77.
- Hunt WA, Rabin BM, Lee J (1987) Ethanol-induced taste aversions: lack of involvement of acetaldehyde and the area postrema. Alcohol 4(3):169–173.
- James JT, Infiesto BP, Landauer MR (1987) Acute inhalation toxicity of 3,3-dimethyl-2-butanol in Sprague-Dawley rats. J Appl Toxicol. 7(5):307–12.
- Kaffenberger W, Gruber DF, MacVittie TJ (1987) Rat monocytes in a model of combined injury express the OX8 antigen. Journal of Leukocyte Biology 42(3):181–187.
- Landauer MR, Davis HD, Dominitz JA, Weiss JF (1987) Dose and time relationships of the radioprotector WR-2721 on locomotor activity in mice. Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 27(3):573–576.
- Landauer MR, Ledney GD, Davis HD (1987) Locomotor behavior in mice following exposure to fission-neutron irradiation and trauma. Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine 58(12):1205–1210.
- Litten RZ, Suba EA, Roth BL (1987) Effects of a phorbol ester on rat aortic contraction and calcium influx in the presence and absence of BAY k 8644. European Journal of Pharmacology 144(2):185–191.
- McCarthy KF, Hale ML, Fehnel PL (1987) Purification and analysis of rat hematopoietic stem cells by flow cytometry. Cytometry 8(3):296–305.
- Mickel HS, Vaishnav YN, Kempski O, Lubitz DV, Weiss JF, Feuerstein G (1987) Breathing 100% oxygen after global brain ischemia in Mongolian Gerbils results in increased lipid peroxidation and increased mortality. Stroke 18:426–430.
- Mickley GA, Teitelbaum H, Reier PJ (1987) Fetal hypothalamic brain grafts reduce the obesity produced by ventromedial hypothalamic lesions. Brain Research 424(2):239–248.
- Monroy RL, Skelly RR, MacVittie TJ, Davis TA, Sauber JJ, Clark SC, Donahue RE (1987) The effect of recombinant GM-CSF on the recovery of monkeys transplanted with autologous bone marrow. Blood 70:1696–1699.
- Moran A (1987) Sodium-hydrogen exchange system in LLC-PK1 epithelium. American Journal of Physiology 252(1 Pt 1):C63–67.
- Muldoon SM, Freas W, Mahla ME, Donlon MA (1987) Plasma histamine and catecholamine levels during hypotension induced by morphine and compound 48/80. Journal of Cardiovascular Phamacology 9(5):578–583.
- Mullin MJ, TK Dalton, WA Hunt, RA Harris and E Majchrowicz (1987) Actions of ethanol on voltage-sensitive sodium channels: effects of acute and chronic ethanol treatment. Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 242(2):541–547.
- Mullin MJ, Hunt WA (1987) Actions of ethanol on voltage-sensitive sodium channels: effects on neurotoxin binding. Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 242(2):536–540.
- Mullin MJ, Hunt WA (1987) Effects of ethanol on the functional properties of sodium channels in brain synaptosomes. Recent Developments in Alcoholism 5:303–311.
- Neta R, Sztein MB, Oppenheim JJ, Gillis S, Douches SD (1987) The in vivo effects of interleukin 1. I. Bone marrow cells are induced to cycle after administration of interleukin 1. Journal of Immunology 139(6):1861–1866.
- Patchen ML, D'Allesandro MM, Brook I, Blakely WF, MacVittie TJ (1987) Glucan: mechanisms involved in its "radioprotective" effect. Journal of Leukocyte Biology 42(2):95–105.
- Pellmar TC (1987) Peroxide alters neuronal excitability in the CA1 region of guinea-pig hippocampus in vitro. Neuroscience 23(2):447–456.
- Rabin BM, Hunt WA, Lee J (1987) Interactions between radiation and amphetamine in taste aversion learning and the role of the area postrema in amphetamine-induced conditioned taste aversions. Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 27(4):677–683.
- Rabin BM, Hunt WA, Lee J (1987) Taste aversion learning produced by combined treatment with subthreshold radiation and lithium chloride. Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 27(4):671–675.
- Schmauder-Chock EA, Chock SP (1987) Mechanism of secretory granule exocytosis: can granule enlargement precede pore formation? Histochemical Journal 19(8):413–418.
- Schwartz GN, MacVittie TJ, Vigneulle RM, Patchen ML, Douches SD, Oppenheim JJ, Neta R (1987) Enhanced hematopoietic recovery in irradiated mice pretreated with interleukin-1 (IL-1). Immunopharmacology and Immunotoxicology 9(2–3):371–389.
- Sipe JD, Vogel SN, Douches S, Neta R (1987) Tumor necrosis factor/cachectin is a less potent inducer of serum amyloid A synthesis than interleukin 1. Lymphokine Research 6(2):93–101.
- Steel LK, Jacobs AJ, Giambarresi LI, Jackson WE III (1987) Protection of mice against fission neutron irradiation by WR-2721 or WR-151327. Radiation Research 109(3):469–478.
- Steel LK, Ledney GD (1987) Effects of neutron irradiation on PGE2 and TXB2 levels in biological fluids: modification by WR2721. Prostaglandin and Lipid Metabolism in Radiation Injury 207–218.
- Tolliver JM, Pellmar TC (1987) Dithiothreitol elicits epileptiform activity in CA1 of the guinea pig hippocampal slice. Brain Research 404(1–2):133–141.
- Tolliver JM, Pellmar TC (1987) Ionizing radiation alters neuronal excitability in hippocampal slices of the guinea pig. Radiation Research 112(3):555–563.
- Vogel SN, Douches SD, Kaufman EN, Neta R (1987) Induction of colony stimulating factor in vivo by recombinant interleukin 1 alpha and recombinant tumor necrosis factor alpha 1. Journal of Immunology 138(7):2143–2148.
- Walden TL Jr., Patchen M, Snyder SL (1987) 16,16-Dimethyl prostaglandin E2 increases survival in mice following irradiation. Radiation Research 109(3):440–448.
- Weiss JF, Hoover RL, Kumar KS (1987) Selenium pretreatment enhances the radioprotective effect and reduces the lethal toxicity of WR-2721. Free Radical Research Communications 3(1–5):33–38.
- Yoshida H, Swenberg CE (1987) Kinetic flow dichroism study of conformational changes in supercoiled DNA induced by ethidium bromide and noncovalent and covalent binding of benzo [a] pyrene diol dpoxide. Biochemistry 26:1351–1358.
|TOP OF PAGE
- Arroyo CM, Carmichael AJ, Swenberg CE, Myers LS Jr. (1986) Neutron-induced free radicals in oriented DNA. International Journal of Radiation Biology and Related Studies in Physics, Chemistry, and Medicine 50(5):789–793.
- Bowers GJ, Patchen ML, MacVittie TJ, Hirsch EF, Fink MP (1986) A comparative evaluation of particulate and soluble glucan in an endotoxin model. International Journal of Immunopharmacology 8(3):313–321.
- Braitman DJ (1986) Desensitization to glutamate and aspartate in rat olfactory (prepyriform) cortex slice. Brain Research 364(1):199–203.
- Brook I, Walker RI, MacVittie TJ (1986) Effect of radiation dose on the recovery of aerobic and anaerobic bacteria from mice. Cancer Journal of Microbiology 32(9):719–722.
- Cockerham LG, Cerveny TJ, Hampton JD (1986) Postradiation regional cerebral blood flow in primates. Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine 57(6):578–582.
- Cockerham LG, Doyle TF, Pautler EL, Hampton JD (1986) Disodium cromoglycate, a mast-cell stabilizer, alters postradiation regional cerebral blood flow in primates. Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health 18(1):91–101.
- Cockerham LG, Hampton JD, Doyle TF (1986) Dose dependent radiation-induced hypotension in the canine. Life Sciences 39(17):1543–1547.
- Dizdaroqlu M, Holwitt E, Hagan MP, Blakely WF (1986) Formation of cytosine glycol and 5,6-dihydroxycytosine in deoxyribonucleic acid on treatment with osmium tetroxide. Biochemical Journal 235(2):531–536.
- Durakovic A (1986) The effect of anesthetic, sedative or narcotic drugs on intrahepatic and extrahepatic biliary kinetics. Military Medicine 151(7):368–373.
- Durakovic A (1986) Heart function studies in dogs after acute gamma irradiation of the precordium. Military Medicine 151(5):275–277.
- Durakovic A (1986) Hepatobiliary kinetics after whole body irradiation. Military Medicine 151(9):487–489.
- Freschi JE, Moran A (1986) Effect of gamma radiation on sodium channels in different conformations in neuroblastoma cells. Biochemica et Biophysica Acta 858(1):31–37.
- Freschi JE, Parfitt AG (1986) Intracellular recordings from pineal cells in tissue culture: membrane properties and response to norepinephrine. Brain Research 368(2):366–370.
- Gallin EK (1986) Ionic channels in leukocytes. Journal of Leukocyte Biology 39(3):241–254.
- Gunter-Smith PJ (1986) Gamma radiation affects active electrolyte transport by rabbit ileum: basal Na and Cl transport. American Journal of Physiology–Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology 250(4 Pt1):G540–545.
- Hagan MP, Holahan EV, Ainsworth EJ (1986) Effects of heavy ions on cycling stem cells. Advances in Space Research 6(11):201–211.
- Kafka MS, Benedito MA, Roth RH, Steele LK, Wolfe WW, Catravas GN (1986) Circadian rhythms in catecholamine metabolites and cyclic nucleotide production. Chronobiology International 3(2):101–115.
- Kafka MS, Benedito MA, Steele LK, Gibson MJ, Zerbe RL, Jacobowitz DM, Roth RH, Zander K (1986) Relationships between behavioral rhythms, plasma corticosterone and hypothalamic circadian rhythms. Chronbiology International 3(2):117–122.
- Knizner SA, Jacobs AJ, Lyon RC, Swenberg CE (1986) In vivo dephosphorylation of WR-2721 monitored by 31P NMR spectroscopy. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 236(1):37–40.
- Kumar KS, Sancho AM, Weiss JF (1986) A novel interaction of diethyldithiocarbamate with the glutathione/glutathione peroxidase system. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics 12(8):1463–1467.
- Kumar KS, Weiss JF (1986) Inhibition of glutathione peroxidase and glutathione transferase in mouse liver by misonidazole. Biochemical Pharmacology 35(18):3143–3146.
- Mickley GA (1986) Histamine H2 receptors mediate morphine-induced locomotor hyperactivity of the C57BL/6J mouse. Behavioral Neuroscience 100(10:79–84.
- Mickley GA, Stevens KE (1986) Stimulation of brain muscarinic acetylcholine receptors acutely reverses radiogenic hypodipsia. Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine 57(30:250–255.
- Monroy RL, MacVittie TJ, Darden JH, Schwartz GN, Patchen ML (1986) The rhesus monkey: a primate model for hemopoietic stem cell studies. Experimental Hematology 14(10):904–911.
- Moran A, Biber J, Murer H (1986) A sodium-hydrogen exchange system in isolated apical membrane from LLC-PK1 epithelia. American Journal of Renal Physiology 251:F1003–F1008.
- Moran A, Davis L, Hagan M (1986) Effect of radiation on the regulation of sodium-dependent glucose transport in LLC-PK1 epithelial cell line: possible model for gene expression. Radiation Research 105(2):201–210.
- Moran A, Handler JS, Hagan M (1986) Role of cell replication in regulation of Na-coupled hexose transport in LLC-PK1 epithelial cells. American Journal of Physiology 250(2 Pt 10:C314–318.
- Mullin MJ, Hunt WA, Harris RA (1986) Ionizing radiation alters the properties of sodium channels in rat brain synaptosomes. Journal of Neurochemistry 47(2):489–495.
- Neta R, Douches S, Oppenheim JJ (1986) Interleukin 1 is a radioprotector. Journal of Immunology 136(7):2483–2485.
- Neta R, Vogel SN, Oppenheim JJ, Douches SD (1986) Cytokines in radioprotection. Comparison of the radioprotective effects of IL-1 to IL-2, GM-CSF and IFN gamma. Lymphokine Research 5(1):S105–110.
- Newball HH, Donlon MA, Procell LR, Helgeson EA, Franz DR (1986) Organophosphate-induced histamine release from mast cells. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 238(3):839–845.
- Parker GA, Bogo V, Young RW (1986) Acute toxicity of petroleum- and shale-derived distillate fuel, marine: light microscopic, hematologic, and serum chemistry studies. Toxicological Sciences 7(1):101–105.
- Patchen ML, MacVittie TJ (1986) Comparative effects of soluble and particulate glucans on survival in irradiated mice. Journal of Biological Response Modifiers 5(1):45–60.
- Patchen ML, MacVittie TJ (1986) Hemopoietic effects of intravenous soluble glucan administration. Journal of Immunopharmacology 8(3):407–425.
- Patchen ML, MacVittie TJ, Brook I (1986) Glucan-induced hemopoietic and immune stimulation: therapeutic effects in sublethally and lethally irradiated mice. Methods and Findings in Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology 89(3):151–155.
- Pellmar TC (1986) Electrophysiological correlates of peroxide damage in guinea pig hippocampus in vitro. Brain Research 364(2):377–381.
- Pellmar TC (1986) Histamine decreases calcium-mediated potassium current in guinea pig hippocampal CA1 pyramidal cells. Journal of Neurophysiology, 55(4):727–738.
- Pellmar TC (1986) Single-electrode voltage clamp in mammalian electrophysiology. Electrophysiology Techniques in Pharmacology, 91–102.
- Phillips CE, Freschi JE (1986) Cytochemical study of developing neurotransmitter properties of dissociated sympathetic neurons grown in co-culture with dissociated pineal cells. Neuroscience 17(4):1139–1146.
- Rabin BM, Hunt WA (1986) Mechanisms of radiation-induced conditioned taste aversion learning. Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews 10(1):55–65.
- Rabin BM, Hunt WA, Bakarich AC, Chedester AL, Lee J (1986) Angiotensin II-induced taste aversion learning in cats and rats and the role of the area postrema. Physiology and Behavior 36(6):1173–1178.
- Rabin BM, Hunt WA, Chedester AL, Lee J (1986) Role of the area postrema in radiation-induced taste aversion learning and emesis in cats. Physiology and Behavior 37(5):815–818.
- Rabin BM, Hunt WA, Lee J (1986) Effects of area postrema lesions on taste aversions produced by treatment with WR-2721 in the rat. Neurobehavioral Toxicology and Teraology 8(1):83–87.
- Ruebush MJ, Steel LK, Kennedy DA (1986) Prostaglandin-mediated suppression of delayed-type hypersensitivity to infected erythrocytes during Babesia microti infection in mice. Cell Immunology 98(2):300–310.
- Schwartz GN, MacVittie TJ, Monroy RL, Vigneulle RM (1986) Countercurrent centrifugal elutriation (CCE) recovery profiles of hematopoietic stem cells in marrow from normal and 5-FU-treated mice. Experimental Hematology 14(10):963–970.
- Shea-Donohue T, Steel L, Montcalm E, Dubois A (1986) Gastric protection by sucralfate. Role of mucus and prostaglandins. Gastroenterology 91(3):660–666.
- Snyder SL, Walden TL, Patchen ML, MacVittie TJ, Fuchs P (1986) Radioprotective properties of detoxified lipid A from Salmonella minnesota R595. Radiation Research 107(1)107–114.
- Steel LK, Rafferty MA, Wolfe WW, Egan JE, Kennedy DA, Catravas GN, Jackson WE 3rd, Dooley MA (1986) Urinary excretion of cyclic nucleotides, creatinine prostaglandin E2 and thromboxane B2 from mice exposed to whole-body irradiation from an enhanced neutron field. International Journal of Radiation Biology and Related Studies of Physics, Chemistry, and Medicine 50(4):695–715.
- Stevens KE, Mickley GA, McDermott LJ (1986) Brain areas involved in production of morphine-induced locomotor hyperactivity of the C57B1/6J mouse. Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 24(6):1739–1747.
- Swaja RE, Oyan R, Sims CS, Dooley MA (1986) Performance characteristics of a high-level solid-state personnel dosimetry system in pulsed radiation environments. Radiation Protection Dosimetry 15:109–115.
- Walden TL, Holahan EV, Catravas GN (1986) Development of a model system to study leukotriene-induced modification of radiation sensitivity in mammalian cells. Prog Lipid Research 25:587–590.
- Warnick JE, Pellmar TC (1986) Resistance of afterhyperpolarizations in hippocampal pyramidal cells to prostaglandins and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP). Neuroscience Letters, 70(2):295–299.
- Weichbrod RH, Hall JE, Simmonds RC, Cisar CF (1986) Selecting bedding materials. Lab Animal 15(6):26–28.
|TOP OF PAGE
- Amende LM, Blanchette-Mackie EJ, Chernick SS, Scow RO (1985) Effect of pH on visualization of fatty acids as myelin figures in mouse adipose tissue by freeze-fracture electron microscopy. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 837(1):94–102.
- Amende LM, Donlon MA (1985) Isolation of cellular membranes from rat mast cells. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 812(3):713–720.
- Amende LM, Donlon MA (1985) Presence of a high-affinity Ca2+- and Mg2+-dependent ATPase in rat peritoneal mast-cell membranes. Biochemical Journal 226(1):335–338.
- Bogo V, Jacobs AJ, Weiss JF (1985) Behavioral toxicity and efficacy of WR-2721 as a radioprotectant. Radiation Research 104(2 Pt 1):182–190.
- Bowers GJ, MacVittie TJ, Hirsch EF, Conklin JC, Nelson RD, Roethel RJ, Fink MP (1985) Prostanoid production by lipopolysaccharide-stimulated Kupffer cells. Journal of Surgical Research 38(5):501–508.
- Burghardt WF Jr., Hunt WA (1985) Characterization of radiation-induced performance decrement using a two-lever shock-avoidance task. Radiation Research 103(1):149–157.
- Chock SP, Schmauder-Chock EA (1985) Evidence of de novo membrane generation in the mechanism of mast cell secretory granule activation. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 132(1):134–139.
- Cockerham LG, Doyle TF, Donlon MA, Gossett-Hagerman CJ (1985) Antihistamines block radiation-induced increased intestinal blood flow in canines. Fundamental and Applied Toxicology 5(3):597–604.
- Dagen AJ, Alfano RR, Zilinskas BA, Swenberg CE (1985) Fluorescence kinetics of emission from a small finite volume of a biological system. Chemical Physics 96:483–488.
- Danquechin Dorval E, Mueller GP, Eng RR, Durakovic A, Conklin JJ, Dubois A (1985) Effect of ionizing radiation on gastric secretion and gastric motility in monkeys. Gastroenterology 89(2):374–380.
- Donlon JA, Helgesonn EA, Donlon MA (1985) Effect of proteases on the beta-thromboglobulin radioimmunoassay. Life Sciences 36(6):525–531.
- Donlon M, Steel L, Helgeson EA, Wolfe WW, Catravas GN (1985) WR-2721 inhibition of radiation-induced prostaglandin excretion in rats. International Journal of Radiation Biology 47(2):205–212.
- Dubois A, Danquechin Dorval E, Wood LR, Rogers JE, O'Connell L, Durakovic A, Conklin JJ (1985) Effect of gamma-irradiation on the healing of gastric biopsy sites in monkeys. An experimental model for peptic ulcer disease and gastric protection. Gastroenterology 88(1 Pt 2):375–381.
- el-Bayar H, Steel L, Montcalm E, Danquechin-Dorval E, Dubois A, Shea-Donohue T (1985) The role of endogenous prostaglandins in the regulation of gastric secretion in rhesus monkeys. Prostaglandins 30(3):401–417.
- Ely MJ, Speicher JM, Catravas GN, Snyder SL (1985) Radiation effects on diamine oxidase activities in intestine and plasma of the rat. Radiation Research 103(1):158–162.
- Franz CG (1985) Effects of mixed neutron-gamma total-body irradiation on physical activity performance of rhesus monkeys. Radiation Research 101(3):434–441.
- Gallin EK, Green SW, Sheehy PA (1985) Enhanced activity of the macrophage-like cell line J774.1 following exposure to gamma radiation. Journal of Leukocyte Biology 38(3):369–381.
- Gallin EK, Sheehy PA (1985) Differential expression of inward and outward potassium currents in the macrophage-like cell line J774.1. Journal of Physiology 369:475–499.
- Gruber DF (1985) Radiation abrogation of myelopoietic inhibitors found in thymus-conditioned medium. Thymus 7(1):3–11.
- Gruber DF, MacVittie TJ, Pavlovskis OR, Walker RI, Conklin JJ (1985) Immunologic and hematologic perturbations in models of combined injury. Journal of Burn Care and Rehabilitation 6(2):179–187.
- Hagan MP, MacVittie TJ, Dodgen DP (1985) Cell kinetics of GM-CFC in the steady state. Experimental Hematology 13(6):532–538.
- Hunt WA, Mullin MJ (1985) Effects of ethanol exposure on brain sodium channels. Alcohol and Drug Research 6(6):419–422.
- Ledney GD, Exum ED, Jackson WE III (1985) Wound-induced alterations in survival of 60Co irradiated mice: importance of wound timing. Experentia 41(5):614–616.
- Ledney GD, Steel LK, Gelston HM Jr., Jackson WE III, Exum ED (1985) Hematopoiesis in conventional mice after wound trauma. Progress in Clinical and Biological Research 181:139–143.
- Ledney GD, Stewart DA, Gruber DF, Gelston HM Jr., Exum ED, Sheehy PA (1985) Hematopoietic colony-forming cells from mice after wound trauma. Journal of Surgical Research 38(1):55–65.
- McCarthy KF, Hale ML, Fehnel PL (1985) Rat colony-forming unit spleen is OX7 positive, W3/13 positive, OX1 positive, and OX22 negative. Experimental Hematology 13(9):847–854.
- McCormack PD, Swenberg CE (1985) Increase in phi X174 DNA radiation sensitivity due to electric fields. Radiation Research 104(3):293–302.
- Mickley GA, Stevens KE, Galbraith JA (1985) Quaternary naltrexone reverses morphine-induced behaviors. Physiology and Behavior 35:249–253.
- Mullin MJ, Hunt WA (1985) Actions of ethanol on voltage-sensitive sodium channels: effects on neurotoxin-stimulated sodium uptake in synaptosomes. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 232(2):413–419.
- Neta R, MacVittie TJ, Schwartz GN, Douches SD (1985) Thymic hormones in radiation-induced immunodeficiency. I. Induction of mature interleukin 1 responsive cell in the thymus by thymosin fraction 5. Cellular Immunology 94(2):480–490.
- Patchen ML, MacVittie TG (1985) Stimulated hemopoiesis and enhanced survival following glucan treatment in sublethally and lethally irradiated mice. International Journal of Immunopharmacology 7(6):923–932.
- Rabin BM, Hunt WA, Lee J (1985) Intragastric copper sulfate produces a more reliable conditioned taste aversion in vagotomized rats than in intact rats. Behavioral and Neural Biology, 44(3):364–373.
- Scatton B, Dubois A, Dubocovich ML, Zahniser NR, Fage D (1985) Quantitative autoradiography of 3H-nomifensine binding sites in rat brain. Life Sciences 36(9):815–822.
- Shea-Donohue T, Danquechin-Dorval E, Montcalm E, El-Bayar H, Durakovic A, Conklin JJ, Dubois A (1985) Alterations in gastric mucus secretion in rhesus monkeys after exposure to ionizing radiation. Gastroenterology 88(3):685–690.
- Weinberg SR, Gruber DF, Exum ED, Ledney GD (1985) Modulations in mouse hemopoiesis after engraftment with Lewis lung (3LL) carcinoma cells. Experimental Cell Biology 53(5):252–259.
|TOP OF PAGE
- Alter WA III, Catravas GN, Hawkins RN, Lake CR (1984) Effect of ionizing radiation on physiological function in the anesthetized rat. Radiation Research 99(2):394–409.
- Bogo V (1984) Effects of bremsstrahlung and electron radiation on rat motor performance. Radiation Research 100(2):313–320.
- Brook I, Coolbaugh JC, Walker RI, Weiss E (1984) Synergism between penicillin, clindamycin, or metronidazole and gentamicin against species of the Bacteroides melaninogenicus and Bacteroides fragilis groups. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 25(1):71–77.
- Brook I, MacVittie TJ, Walker RI (1984) Recovery of aerobic and anaerobic bacteria from irradiated mice. Infection and Immunity 46(1):270–271.
- Brook I, Walker RI (1984) Pathogenicity of anaerobic gram-positive cocci. Infection and Immunity 45(2):320–324.
- Brook I, Walker RI (1984) Significance of encapsulated Bacteroides melaninogenicus and Bacteroides fragilis groups in mixed infections. Infection and Immunity 44(1):12–15.
- Byrne P, Tew K, Jemionek J, MacVittie T, Erickson L, Schein P (1984) Cellular and molecular mechanisms of the bone marrow sparing effects of the glucose chloroethylnitrosourea chlorozotocin. Blood 63(4):759–767.
- Cockerham LG, Bogo V, Gosset-Hagerman CJ (1984) Gamma radiation produced performance decrement in rat as assessed with the accelerod. Neuroscience Letters 49(3):297–300.
- Cockerham LG, Doyle TF, Donlon MA, Helgeson EA (1984) Canine postradiation histamine levels and subsequent response to Compound 48/80. Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine 55(11):1041–1045.
- Cockerham LG, Doyle TF, Trumbo RB, Nold JB (1984) Acute post-irradiation canine intestinal blood flow. International Journal of Radiation Biology 45(1):65–72.
- Cockerham LG, Simpson SA, Doyle TF, Gossett-Hagerman CJ (1984) Canine postradiation plasma glucose variations. Life Sciences 34(26):2641–2646.
- Dubois A, Jacobus JP, Grissom MP, Eng RR, Conklin JJ (1984) Altered gastric emptying and prevention of radiation-induced vomiting in dogs. Gastroenterology 86(3):444–448.
- Eckelman WC, Alter WA III, Grissom MP, Vieras F, Phillips J, Eng R, Gibson RE, Reba RC (1984) Comparison of myocardial uptake and distribution of thallium-201 and two prototype receptor-binding radiopharmaceuticals in the normal and ischemic canine heart. International Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Biology 11(3–4):287–290.
- Fink MP, MacVittie TJ, Casey LC (1984) Inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis restores normal hemodynamics in canine hyperdynamic sepsis. Annals of Surgery 200(5):619–626.
- Gallin EK (1984) Calcium- and voltage-activated potassium channels in human macrophages. Biophysical Journal 46(6):821–825.
- Gallin EK (1984) Electrophysiological properties of macrophages. Federation Procedures 43(9):2385–2389.
- Gallin EK, Green SW, Darden J (1984) Defective Fc-mediated phagocytosis in gamma-irradiated mouse peritoneal macrophages. International Journal of Radiation Biology 45(5):459–467.
- Gruber DF, Ledney GD (1984) Thymic inhibition of myelopoietic proliferation. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology 172:227–240.
- Hagan MP (1984) Cell proliferation kinetics analyzed with BrdU and near-UV light treatment. Bibliotheca Haematologica (48):384–401.
- Hale ML, McCarthy KF (1984) Effect of sublethal ionizing radiation on rat Peyer's patch lymphocytes. Radiation Research 99(1):151–164.
- Highfield DP, Holahan EV, Holahan PK, Dewey WC (1984) Hyperthermic survival of Chinese hamster ovary cells as a function of cellular population density at the time of plating. Radiation Research 97(1):139–153.
- Holahan EV, Highfield DP, Holahan PK, Dewey WC (1984) Hyperthermic killing and hyperthermic radiosensitization in Chinese hamster ovary cells: effects of pH and thermal tolerance. Radiation Research 97(1):108–131.
- Jemionek JF, Monroy RL (1984) Special techniques for the separation of hemopoietic cells. Elutriation. Bibliotheca Haematologica (48):12–41.
- MacVittie TJ (1984) The macrophage colony-forming cell. Bibliotheca Haematologica (48):112–130.
- McCarthy KF, Wientroub S, Hale M, Reddi AH (1984) Establishment of the hematopoietic microenvironment in the marrow of matrix-induced endochondral bone. Experimental Hematology 12(2):131–138.
- McClain DE, Donlon MA, Hill TA, Catravas GN (1984) Early kinetics of Ca2+ fluxes and histamine release in rat mast cells stimulated with compound 48/80. Agents and Actions 15(3–4):279–284.
- McCreery MJ, Carpenter DO (1984) Modulation of neuronal responses to L-glutamate in Aplysia. Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology 4(1):91–95.
- Moran A, Turner RJ, Handler JS (1984) Hexose regulation of sodium-hexose transport in LLC-PK1 epithelia: the nature of the signal. Journal of Membrane Biology 82(1):59–65.
- Muldoon SM, Donlon MA, Todd R, Helgeson EA, Freas W (1984) Plasma histamine and hemodynamic responses following administration of nalbuphine and morphine. Agents and Actions 15(3–4):229–234.
- Mullin MJ, Hunt WA (1984) Ethanol inhibits veratridine-stimulated sodium uptake in synaptosomes. Life Sciences 34(3):287–292.
- Patchen ML (1984) Hemopoiesis and differentiation. Survey of Immunologic Research 3(2–3):209–213.
- Patchen ML, DiLuzio NR, Jacques P, MacVittie TJ (1984) Soluble polyglycans enhance recovery from cobalt-60—induced hemopoietic injury. Journal of Biological Response Modifiers 3(6):627–633.
- Patchen ML, MacVittie TJ, Wathen LM (1984) Effects of pre- and post-irradiation glucan treatment on pluripotent stem cells, granulocyte, macrophage and erythroid progenitor cells, and hemopoietic stromal cells. Experientia 40(11):1240–1244.
- Pellmar TC (1984) Enhancement of inward current by serotonin in neurons of Aplysia. Journal of Neurobiology 15(1):13–25.
- Pope M, Swenberg CE (1984) Electronic processes in organic solids. Annuals Reviews of Physical Chemistry 35:613–655.
- Rabin BM, Hunt WA, Lee J (1984) Effects of dose and of partial body ionizing radiation on taste aversion learning in rats with lesions of the area postrema. Physiology and Behavior 32(1):119–122.
- Rabin BM, Hunt WA, Lee J (1984) Recall of a previously acquired conditioned taste aversion in rats following lesions of the area postrema. Physiology and Behavior 32(3):503–506.
- Srinivasan V, Jacobs AJ, Simpson SA, Weiss JF (1983) Radioprotection by vitamin E: effects on hepatic enzymes, delayed type hypersensitivity, and postirradiation survival of mice. Modulation and Mediation of Cancer by Vitamins, 119–131.
- Srinivasan V, Weiss JF (1984) Suppression of delayed-type hypersensitivity to oxazolone in whole-body-irradiated mice and protection by WR-2721. Radiation Research 98(3):438–444.
- Steel LK, Weiss JF, Catravas GN (1984) In vitro prostaglandin release from guinea pig parenchymal lung tissues is not stimulated by thymic peptides. International Journal of Immunopharmacology 6(1):75–80.
- Ward JF, Joner EI, Blakely WF (1984) Effects of inhibitors of DNA strand break repair on HeLa cell radiosensitivity. Cancer Research 44(1):59–63.
|TOP OF PAGE
- Brook I, Coolbaugh JC, Walker RI (1983) Antibiotic and clavulanic acid treatment of subcutaneous abscesses caused by Bacteroides fragilis alone or in combination with aerobic bacteria. Journal of Infectious Diseases 148(1):156–159.
- Brook I, Coolbaugh JC, Walker RI (1983) Effect of gentamicin on abscesses caused by Bacteroides species. European Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2(6):602–604.
- Brook I, Gillmore JD, Coolbaugh JC, Walker RI (1983) Pathogenicity of encapsulated Bacteroides melaninogenicus group, B. oralis and B. ruminicola subsp. brevis in abscesses in mice. Journal of Infection 7(3):218–226.
- Brook I, Pazzaglia G, Coolbaugh JC, Walker RI (1983) In-vivo protection of group A beta-haemolytic streptococci from penicillin by beta-lactamase-producing Bacteroides species. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 12(6):599–606.
- Brook I, Walker RI (1983) Infectivity of organisms recovered from polymicrobial abscesses. Infection and Immunity 42(3):986–989.
- Caldwell Mb, Walker RI, Stewart SD, Rogers JE (1983) Simple adult rabbit model for Campylobacter jejuni enteritis. Infection and Immunity 42(3):1176–1182.
- Chock SP, Schmauder-Chock EA (1983) Effects of Cobalt-60 radiation on synthesis of prostaglandins F2, E, thromboxane B2 in lung airways of guinea pigs. Radiation Research 94:156–165.
- Conklin JJ, Walker RI, Hirsch EF (1983) Current concepts in the management of radiation injuries and associated trauma. Surgery, Gynecology, and Obstetrics 156(6):809–829.
- Curley MD, Hawkins RN (1983) Cognitive performance during a heat acclimatization regimen. Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine 54(8):709–713.
- Dixon HN, Hunt WA (1983) Ionizing radiation decreases veratridine-stimulated uptake of sodium in rat brain synaptosomes. Science 220(4601):1073–1074.
- Donlon M, Steel L, Helgeson EA, Shipp A, Catravas GN (1983) Radiation-induced alterations in prostaglandin excretion in the rat. Life Sciences 32(23):2631–2639.
- Eng RR, Sptiznagle LA, Trage WF (1983) Preparation of radiolabelled pregnenolone analogs 21-fluoropregnenolone-21-18F, 21-fluoropregnenolone-3-3acetate-21-18F,21-fluoropregnenolone-7-3H, and 21-fluoropregnenolone-3-3acetate-7-3H. Journal of Labelled Compounds and Radiopharmaceuticals 20:63–72.
- Fletcher JR, Short BL, Casey LC, Walker RI, Gardiner M, Ramwell PW (1983) Thromboxane inhibition in gram-negative sepsis fails to improve survival. Advances in Prostaglandin, Thromboxane, and Leukotriene Research 12:117–120.
- Freschi JE (1983) Membrane currents of cultured rat sympathetic neurons under voltage clamp. Journal of Neurophysiology 50(6):1460–1478.
- Gallin EK, Livengood DR (1983) Demonstration of an electrogenic Na+-K+ pump in mouse spleen macrophages. American Journal of Physiology 245(3):C184–188.
- Grasset E, Gunter-Smith PJ, Schultz SG (1983) Effects of Na-coupled alanine transport on intracellular K activities and the K conductance of the basolateral membranes of Necturus small intestine. Journal of Membrane Biology 71(1–2):89–94.
- Gray BH, Stull RW (1983) Radioprotection by polyethylene glycol-protein complexes in mice. Radiation Research 93(3):581–587.
- Gruber DF, Ledney GD (1983) Submandibular gland-conditioned medium enhancement of bone marrow colony-forming cells in tumor-bearing murine recipients. Experentia 39(1):101–103.
- Hagan MP, Dodgen DP (1983) Use of 5-BrdUrd/313 nm light technique for identification of cells in initial S-phase within GM-CFCc compartment. Experimental Hematology 11(5):402–409.
- Hunt WA (1983) Comparative effects of exposure to high-energy electrons and gamma radiation on active avoidance behaviour. International Journal of Radiation Biology 44(3):257–260.
- Hunt WA (1983) The effect of ethanol on GABAergic transmission. Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews 7(1):87–95.
- Hunt WA, Dalton TK (1983) An automated method for the determination of biogenic amines and their metabolites by high-performance liquid chromatography. Analytical Biochemistry 135(2):269–274.
- Hunt WA, Majchrowicz E (1983) Studies of neurotransmitter interactions after acute and chronic ethanol administration. Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 18(1):371–374.
- Jemionek JF, Monroy RL, Baker WH, Walden DA (1983) Neutrophil migration in canines: in vivo comparison of granulocyte function following 24-hour storage at 6 or 20 degrees C of leukocyte concentrates or of granulocytes purified by counterflow centrifugation—elutriation. Cryobiology 20(1):7–16.
- Livengood DR (1983) Coupling ratio of the Na-K pump in the lobster cardiac ganglion. Journal of General Physiology 82(6):853–874.
- Masukawa LM, Lilvengood DR (1983) Alterations in spontaneous transmitter release by divalent cations after treatment of the neuromuscular junction with beta-bungarotoxin. Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology 2(4):277–290.
- McClain DE, Donlon MA, Chock S, Catravas GN (1983) The effect of calmodulin on histamine release in the rat peritoneal mast cell. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 763(4):419–425.
- Mickley GA, Sessions GR, Bogo V, Chantry KH (1983) Evidence for endorphin-mediated cross-tolerance between chronic stress and the behavioral effects of ionizing radiation. Life Science 33(8):749–754.
- Mickley GA, Stevens KE, Moore GH, Deere W, White GA, Gibbs GL, Mueller GP (1983) Ionizing radiation alters beta-endorphin-like immunoreactivity in brain but not blood. Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 19(6):979–983.
- Moran A, Turner RJ, Handler JS (1983) Regulation of sodium-coupled glucose transport by glucose in a cultured epithelium. Journal of Biological Chemistry 258(24):15087–15090.
- Neta R (1983) A comparison between interferon and lymphokines. Estratto Dalla Rivista EOS 3(3):117–122.
- Neta R, Salvin SB (1983) Resistance and susceptibility to infection in inbred murine strains. II. Variations in the effect of treatment with thymosin fraction 5 on the release of lymphokines in vivo. Cellular Immunology 75(1):173–180.
- Patchen ML (1983) Immunomodulators and hemopoiesis. Survey of Immunologic Research 2(3):237–242.
- Patchen ML, MacVittie TJ (1983) Dose-dependent responses of murine pluripotent stem cells and myeloid and erythroid progenitor cells following administration of the immunomodulating agent glucan. Immunopharmacology 5(4):303–313.
- Patchen ML, MacVittie TJ (1983) Temporal response of murine pluripotent stem cells and myeloid and erythroid progenitor cells to low-dose glucan treatment. Acta Haematologica 70(5):281–288.
- Porvaznik M, Baker W, Walker RI (1983) Disruption of the goblet cell intercellular junction following histamine infusion of the rabbit ileum. Experientia 39(5):514–518.
- Rabin BM, Hunt WA (1983) Effects of antiemetics on the acquisition and recall of radiation- and lithium chloride-induced conditioned taste aversions. Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 18(4):629–635.
- Rabin BM, Hunt WA, Lee J (1983) Acquisition of lithium chloride- and radiation-induced taste aversions in hypophysectomized rats. Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 18(3):463–465.
- Rabin BM, Hunt WA, Lee J (1983) Attenuation of radiation- and drug-induced conditioned taste aversions following area postrema lesions in the rat. Radiation Research 93(2):388–394.
- Rollins DM, Coolbaugh JC, Walker RI, Weiss E (1983) Biphasic culture system for rapid Campylobacter cultivation. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 45(1):284–289.
- Salvin SB, Neta R (1983) Resistance and susceptibility to infection in inbred murine strains. I. Variations in the response to thymic hormones in mice infected with Candida albicans. Cellular Immunology 75(1):160–172.
- Short BL, Gardiner WM, Walker RI, Fletcher JR, Rogers JE (1983) Rat intraperitoneal sepsis—a clinically relevant model. Circulatory Shock 10(4):351–359.
- Steel LK, Sweedler IK, Catravas GN (1983) Effects of 60Co radiation on synthesis of prostaglandins F2 alpha, E, and thromboxane B2 in lung airways of guinea pigs. Radiation Research 94(1):156–165.
- Trocha PJ, Catravas GN (1983) Effect of radioprotectant WR 2721 on cyclic nucleotides, prostaglandins, and lysosomes. Radiation Research 94(2):239–251.
- Vieras F, Bradley EW, Alderson PO, Jacobus JP, Grissom MP (1983) Regional pulmonary function after irradiation of the canine lung: radionuclide evaluation. Radiology 147(3):839–844.
- Vigueulle RM, Baum SJ (1983) Effects of endotoxin on survival of hypertransfused mice. Experimental Hematology 10(12):249–262.
- Walker RI, Ledney GD, Bertok L (1983) Reduced toxicity of irradiated endotoxin in mice compromised by irradiation, tumors, or infections. Journal of Trauma 23(3):225–230.
- Weinberg SR (1983) Effects of prenatal irradiation on fetal, neonate, and young adult murine hemopoiesis. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics 9(12):1825–1831.
- Weinberg SR (1983) Murine neonate hemopoiesis following in utero total-body irradiation. Biology of the Neonate 43(5–6):272–280.
- Weinberg SR, Bakarich AC, Ledney GD, McGarry MP, MacVittie TJ (1983) Hemopoiesis in pregnant beagles following low-dose total-body irradiation and surgery. Experientia 38(8):864–866.
- Weinberg SR, MacVittie TJ, Bakarich AC, McGarry MP (1983) Haemopoiesis in the beagle foetus after in utero irradiation. International Journal of Radiation Biology 44(40:367–375.
- Weintroub S, Hagan P, Reddi AH (1983) Bone marrow colony-forming cells and cell cycling: influence of vitamin D deficiency. American Journal of Physiology 243:303–306.
- Westcott SL, Hunt WA, Kaliner M (1983) Histamine H-1 receptors on rat peritoneal mast cells. Life Sciences 31(18):1911–1919.
- Wixon HN, Hunt WA (1983) Ionizing radiation decreases veratridine-stimulated uptake of sodium in rat brain synaptosomes. Science 220(4601):1073–1074.
- Wolpaw JR, Kieffer VA, Seegal RF, Braitman DJ, Sanders MG (1983) Adaptive plasticity in the spinal stretch reflex. Brain Research 267(1):196–200.
|TOP OF PAGE
- Auker Cr, Braitman DJ, Rubinstein SL (1982) Electrophysiological action of kainic acid and folates in the in vitro olfactory cortex slice. Nature 297:583–584.
- Blackwell LH, Ledney GD (1982) Bone marrow cellularity in normal and polycythemic mice estimated by DNA incorporation of 3H-TdR. Experimental Hematology 10(6):514–523.
- Blakely WF, Ward JF, Joner EI (1982) A quantitative assay of deoxyribonucleic acid strand breaks and their repair in mammalian cells. Analytical Biochemistry 124(1):125–133.
- Donlon M, Hunt WA, Catravas GN, Kaliner M (1982) A characterization of beta-adrenergic receptors on cellular and perigranular membranes of rat peritoneal mast cells. Life Sciences 31(5):411–416.
- Freschi JE (1982) Effect of serum-free medium on growth and differentiation of sympathetic neurons in culture. Brain Research 256(4):455–464.
- Freschi JE, Shain WG (1982) Electrophysiological and pharmacological characteristics of the serotonin response on a vertebrate neuronal somatic cell hybrid. Journal of Neuroscience 2:106–112.
- Hagan MP, Matsushita T, Bonura T, Shotola A (1982) Alkali-labile lesion and uracil-DNA-glycosylase-sensitive site removal after BrdUrD and UVB treatment of Chinese hamster cells. Photochemistry and Photobiology 35(3):371–377.
- Hale ML, McCarthy KF (1982) Effect of mouse type I interferon on mouse bone marrow cells and peritoneal exudate cells cultured in vitro. Experimental Hematology 10(3):263–270.
- Hori N, Auker CR, Braitman DJ, Carpenter DO (1982) Pharmacologic sensitivity of
amino acid responses and synaptic activation of in vitro prepytiorm neurons. Journal of Neurophysiology 48:(6):1289–1301.
- Jemionek JF, MacVittie TJ, Byrne PJ, Schein PS, Walden DA (1982) Fractionation of mammalian bone marrow by counterflow centrifugation-elutriation using a continuous albumin gradient: analysis of granulocyte-macrophage colony-forming units. British Journal of Haematology 50(2):257–267.
- Jemionek JF, Monroy RL, MacVittie TJ, Contreras TJ, Espy SB (1982) Bone marrow reconstitution of lethally irradiated canines using autologous bone marrow fractions obtained by counterflow centrifugation-elutriation. British Journal of Haematology 51(14):585–594.
- Jeng JC, McCarthy KF, Chirigos MA, Weiss JF (1982) Effect of azimexon (BM 12.531) on mouse granulocyte-macrophage and monocyte-macrophage progenitor cells. Experientia 38(1):132–134.
- Ledney GD, Gelston HM Jr., Weinberg SR, Exum ED (1982) Survival and endogenous spleen colonies of irradiated mice after skin wounding and hydroxyurea treatment. Experentia 38(10):1228–1230.
- MacVittie TJ, O'Brien AD, Walker RI, Weinberg SR (1982) Inflammatory response of LPS-hyporesponsive and LPS-responsive mice to challenge with Gram-negative bacteria Salmonella typhimurium and Klebsiella pneumoniae. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology 155:325–334.
- MacVittie TJ, Patchen ML, Walker RI (1982) Hematopoietic responses to lipopolysaccharide in C57BL/10Sn and C57BL/10ScN strain mice. Stem Cells 2(1):24–33.
- Mickley GA, Teitelbaum H, Parker GA, Vieras F, Dennison BA, Bonney CH (1982) Radiogenic changes in the behavior and physiology of the spontaneously hypertensive rat: evidence for a dissociation between acute hypotension and incapacitation. Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine 53(7):633–638.
- Patchen ML, MacVittie TJ (1982) Use of glucan to enhance hemopoietic recovery after exposure to cobalt-60 irradiation. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology 155:267–272.
- Pazzaglia G, Walker RI (1982) A retrospective survey of enteric infections in active duty Navy and Marine Corps personnel. Military Medicine 147(1):27–33.
- Pierson MG, Gray BH (1982) Superoxide dismutase activity in the cochlea. Hearing Research 6(20:141–151.
- Rabin BM, Hunt WA, Lee J (1982) State-dependent interactions in the antihistamine-induced disruption of a radiation-induced conditioned taste aversion. Radiation Research 90(3):621–627.
- Rabin BM, Hunt WA, Lee J (1982) Studies on the role of central histamine in the acquisition of a radiation-induced conditioned taste aversion. Radiation Research 90(3):609–620.
- Steel LK, Catravas GN (1982) Radiation-induced changes in production of prostaglandins F2 alpha, E, and thromboxane B2 in guinea pig parenchymal lung tissues. International Journal of Radiation Biology 42(5):517–530.
- Stewart DA, Ledney GD, Baker WH, Daxon EG, Sheehy PA (1982) Bone marrow transplantation of mice exposed to a modified fission neutron (N/G-30:1) field. Radiation Research 92(2)268–279.
- Trocha PJ, Catravas GN (1982) Effects of WR 2721 on cyclic nucleotide levels and lysosomal enzyme activities. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, and Physics 8(3–4):543–546.
- Vigueulle RM, Baum SJ (1982) Effects of endotoxin on survival of hypertransfused mice. Experimental Hematology 10(12):249–262.
- Walker RI, Casey LC, Ramwell PW, Fletcher JR (1982) Association of prostacyclin production with resistance of C3H/HeJ mice to endotoxin shock. Advances in Shock Research 7:125–132.
- Walker RI, Daily OP, Krasner R, Merrell BR, Porvaznik M (1982) The relationship of enteric microorganisms to causes of morbidity and mortality in operational situations: a review. Military Medicine 147(1):15–22.
- Wientroub S, Reddi AH, Hale ML, McCarthy KF (1982) Matrix-induced bone and marrow development: a model for postfetal hematopoiesis. Immunopharmacology 5(4):303–313.
|TOP OF PAGE
- Abercrombie RF, Masukawa LM, Sjodin RA, Livengood DR (1981) Uptake and release of 45Ca by Myxicola axoplasm. Journal of General Physiology 78(4):413–429.
- Asahani Y, Catravas GN (1981) Seizure-induced changes in the permeability of the blood-brain barrier following administration of anticholinesterase drugs to rats. Biochenical Pharmacology 30(18):2593–2601.
- Ashani Y, Catravas GN, Alter WA 3rd (1981) An irreversible anticholinesterase probe for studying increased permeability of the rat blood-brain barrier. Biochemical Pharmacology 30(18):2585–2592.
- Bogo V, Hill TA, Young RW (1981) Comparison of accelerod and rotarod sensitivity in detecting ethanol- and acrylamide-induced performance decrement in rats: review of experimental considerations of rotating rod systems. Neurotoxicology 2(4):765–787.
- Bradley EW, Alderson PO, McWhorter RE, Vieras F, Olmsted WW, Fisher MP, Rogers CC (1981) A comparison of neutron RBE values for normal canine lung by densitometry, pulmonary function and radionuclide studies. International Journal of Radiation, Oncology, Biology, and Physics 7(8):1055–1064.
- Brook I, Walker RI (1981) Possible role of anaerobic bacteria in the persistence of streptococcal tonsillar infection. U.S. Navy Medicine 72(11):26–29.
- Catravas GN, Wright SJ Jr., Trocha PJ, Takenaga J (1981) Radiation effects on cyclic AMP, cyclic GMP, and amino acid levels in the CSF of the primate. Radiation Research 87(1):198–203.
- Cowall DE, MacVittie TJ, Parker GA, Weinberg SR (1981) Effects of low-dose total-body irradiation on canine bone marrow function and canine lymphoma. Experimental Hematology 9(6):581–587.
- Daily OP, Joseph SW, Coolbaught JC, Walker RI, Merrell BR, Rollins DM, Seidler RJ, Colwell RR, Lissner CR (1981) Association of Aeromonas sobria with human infection. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 13(4):769–777.
- Dobbs CR, Kumar KS, Weiss JF, Catravas GN (1981) Generation of volatile hydrocarbons as a measure of radiation-induced lipid peroxidation in vitro. International Journal of Radiation Biology and Related Studies in Physics, Chemistry, and Medicine 39(4):445–449.
- Ely MJ, Catravas GN (1981) Calcium accumulation and retention by synaptosomes irradiated with high-energy electrons. Radiation Research 88(3):623–630.
- Gallin EK (1981) Calcium spikes in cultured human reticular cells from peritoneal exudates. Journal of Cellular Physiology 107(1):21–29.
- Gallin EK (1981) Voltage clamp studies in macrophages from mouse spleen cultures. Science 214(4519):458–460.
- Gallin EK, Livengood DR (1981) Inward rectification in mouse macrophages: evidence for a negative resistance region. AJP-Cell Physiology 241:C9–C17.
- Gray B (1981) Effects of superoxide dismutase on lipopolysaccharide-stressed mice and alteration of lung enzyme levels by endotoxin. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology 60(3):479–484.
- Guy HR (1981) Structural models of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor and its toxin-binding sites. Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology 1(3):231–258.
- Hagan MP, MacVittie TJ (1981) CFUs kinetics observed in vivo by bromodeoxyuridine and near-UV light treatment. Experimental Hematology 9(20:123–128.
- Hawley RJ, Major LF, Schulman E, Trocha PJ, Takenaga J, Catravas GN (1981) Cerebrospinal fluid cyclic nucleotides and GABA do not change in alcohol withdrawal. Life Sciences 28(3):295–299.
- Hori N, Auker CR, Braitman DJ, Carpenter DO (1981) Lateral olfactory tract transmitter: glutamate, aspartate, or neither? Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology 1(1):115–120.
- Hunt WA (1981) Neurotransmitter function in the basal ganglia after acute and chronic ethanol treatment. Federation Proceedings 40(7):2077–2081.
- Hunt WA, Dalton TK (1981) Neurotransmitter-receptor binding in various brain regions in ethanol-dependent rats. Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 14(5):733–739.
- Hunt WA, Dalton TK (1981) Synthesis and degradation of cyclic nucleotides in brain after a high dose of ionizing radiation. Radiation Research 85(3):604–608.
- Jemionek JF, Contreras TJ, Baker WH, Stevens DN, Benhards FW, Walden DA (1981) Neutrophil migration in leukopenic dogs. Transfusion 21(3):268–276.
- Ledney GD, Exum ED, Sheehy PA (1981) Survival enhanced by skin-wound trauma in mice exposed to 60Co radiation. Experientia 37(2):193–194.
- Ledney GD, Stewart DA, Exum ED, Sheehy PA (1981) Skin wound-enhanced survival and myelocytopoiesis in mice after whole-body irradiation. Acta Radiological Oncology 20(1):29–38.
- MacVittie TJ, Walker RI (1981) Hematologic responses induced by endotoxin in normal and endotoxin tolerant dogs. Experimental Hematology 8(5):599–609.
- MacVittie TJ, Weinberg SR (1981) Hematopoietic response of splenectomized C3HeB/FeJ and C3H/HeJ mice to lipopolysaccharide. Experimental Hematology 9(9):950–955.
- MacVittie TJ, Weinberg SR (1981) The response of murine macrophage colony-forming cells to endotoxin in C3Heb/FeJ and C3H/HeJ mice. Journal of the Reticuloendothelial Society 29(6):413–422.
- Mattsson JL, Young RW, Curran CR, Franz CG, Cowan MJ Jr., Jenkins LJ Jr. (1981) Acute and chronic propylene glycol dinitrate exposure in the monkey. Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine 52(6):340–345.
- Merrell BR, Walker RI, Coolbaught JC (1981) Campylobacter fetus ss. Jejuni, a newly recognized enteric pathogen: morphology and intestinal colonization. Scanning Electron Microscopy 4:125–131.
- Metcalfe DD, Kaliner M, Donlon MA (1981) The mast cell. Critical Reviews in Immunology 3(1):23–74.
- Meszler RM, Auker CR, Carpenter DO (1981) Fine structure and organization of the infrared receptor relay, the lateral descending nucleus of the trigeminal nerve in pit vipers. Journal of Comparative Neurology 196:571–584.
- Mickley GA (1981) Antihistamine provides sex-specific radiation protection. Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine 52(40:247–250.
- Myers G, Donlon M, Kaliner M (1981) Measurement of urinary histamine: development of methodology and normal values. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 67(4):305–311.
- Parker GA, Bogo V, Young RW (1981) Acute toxicity of conventional versus shale-derived JP5 jet fuel: light microscopic, hematologic, and serum chemistry studies. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology 57(3):302–317.
- Parker GA, Gilmore CJ, Dubois A (1981) Spontaneous gastric ulcers in a rhesus monkey. Brain Research Bulletin 6(5):445–447.
- Parker GA, Migaki G (1981) Diagnostic exercise: ulcerative stomatitis ("mouth rot") and enteritis associated with maladaptation syndrome. Laboratory Animal Science 31(4):353–355.
- Pellmar TC (1981) Ionic mechanism of a voltage-dependent current elicited by cyclic AMP. Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology 1(1):87–97.
- Pellmar TC (1981) Transmitter control of voltage-dependent currents. Life Sciences 28(20):2199–2205.
- Pellmar TC (1981) Transmitter-induced calcium current. Federation Proceedings 40(11):2631–2636.
- Pellmar TC, Carpenter DO (1981) Cyclic AMP induces a voltage-dependent current in neurons of Aplysia californica. Neuroscience Letters 22(2):151–157.
- Pierson MG, Moller AR (1981) Prophylaxis of kanamycin-induced ototoxicity by a radioprotectant. Hearing Research 4(1):79–87.
- Short BL, Gardiner M. Walker RI, Jones SR, Fletcher JR (1981) Indomethacin improves survival in gram-negative sepsis. Advances in Shock Research 6:27–36.
- Sobocinski PZ, Canterbury WJ Jr., Knutsen GL, Hauer EC (1981) Effect of adrenalectomy on cadmium- and turpentine-induced hepatic synthesis of metallothionein and alpha 2-macrofetoprotein in the rat. Inflammation 5(2):153–164.
- Walker RI, DeMarco K, Ledney GD, Exum ED (1981) Plasma attenuation of endotoxin toxicity in irradiated and tumor-bearing mice. Toxicon 19(6):857–861.
- Walker RI, Fletcher JR (1981) Possible contribution of platelets to the pathophysiology of host responses of endotoxin. Progress in Clinical and Biological Research 62:173–185.
- Walker RI, Merrell BR, Coolbaugh JC, Beasley WJ, Pazzaglia G (1981) Enteric disease program assesses health risks to naval personnel. U.S. Navy Medicine 72(1):17–21.
- Weinberg SR, MacVittie TJ (1981) Hemopoiesis in the splenectomized-pregnant mouse following low-dose total-body irradiation. Experiental Hematology 9(8):849–855.
- Weinberg SR, McCarthy EG, MacVittie TJ (1981) Fetal murine hemopoiesis following in utero low-dose irradiation. Journal of Embryology and Experimental Morphology 62:37–46.
- Weinberg SR, McCarthy EG, MacVittie TJ, Baum SJ (1981) Effect of low-dose irradiation on pregnant mouse haemopoiesis. British Journal of Haematology 48:127–135.
- Willemze R, Walker RI (1981) The in vivo diffusion chamber technique for bone marrow or blood cell culture. Blut 42(2):59–67.
|TOP OF PAGE
- Ashani Y, Catravas GN (1980) Highly reactive impurities in Triton X-100 and Brij 35: partial characterization and removal. Analytical Biochemistry 109(1):55–62.
- Ashani Y, Henry FH, Catravas GN (1980) Combined effects of anticholinesterase drugs and low-level microwave radiation. Radiation Research 84(3):496–503.
- Braitman DJ, Auker CR, Carpenter DO (1980) Thyrotropin-releasing hormone has multiple actions in cortex. Brain Research 194(1):244–248.
- Contreras TJ, Jemionek JF, French JE, Hartwig VM, Walden DA (1980) Liquid preservation of highly purified human granulocytes. Cryobiology 17(3):243–251.
- Contreras TJ, Jemionek JF, French JE, Shields LJ (1980) Effect of plastic containers on liquid preservation of human granulocytes. I. With and without deoxyribonuclease and hydrocortisone. Transfusion 20(5):519.
- Contreras TJ, Jemionek JF, Stevenson HC, Hartwig VM, Fauci AS (1980) An improved technique for the negative selection of large numbers of human lymphocytes and monocytes by counterflow centrifugation—elutriation. Cellular Immunology 54(1):215–229.
- Dobbs CR, Elhardt CE, May L (1980) Gamma irradiation of radioprotectant drugs: I. Levamisole. Radiation Effects 52:91–93.
- Evans DE, Kobrine AI, Rizzoli HV (1980) Cardiac arrhythmias accompanying acute compression of the spinal cord. Journal of Neurosurgery 52(1):52–59.
- French JE, Jemionek JF, Contreras TJ (1980) Liquid and cryopreservation effects on in vitro function of dog granulocyte concentrates prepared for transfusion. Cryobiology 17(3):252–261.
- Freschi JE, Shain WG (1980) Slow muscarinic depolarization in neurons of dissociated rat superior cervical ganglia can be evoked by iontophoresis of acetylcholine. Brain Research 185(2):429–434.
- Gallin EK, Livengood DR (1980) Nonlinear current-voltage relationships in cultured macrophages. Journal of Cell Biology 85(1):160–165.
- Gray B, Baker W (1980) Local leukocyte mobilization in irradiated or cyclophosphamide-treated rats. Experientia 36(10):1221–1222.
- Hunt WA, Dalton TK (1980) Reduction in cyclic nucleotide levels in the brain after a high dose of ionizing radiation. Radiation Research 83(1):210–215.
- Hunt WA, Majchrowicz E (1980) Suppression of the ethanol withdrawal syndrome by aliphatic diols. Pharmacology 213(1):9–12.
- James AE JR., Flor WJ, Novak GR, Ribas JL, Parker JL, Sickel WL (1980) The ultrastructural basis of periventricular edema. Radiology 135(3):747–750.
- Jemionek JF, Contreras TJ, Stevens DN, Bernards FW, Walden DA, Hartwig V (1980) Use of a modified rotor and enlarged separation chamber for isolation of human granulocytes by counter flow centrifugation-elutriation. Cryobiology 17(3):230–242.
- Kinnamon KE, Ketterling LL, Ledney GD, Lorenz GB, Mioduszewski RJ, Stampfli HF (1980) Survival of bone marrow-engrafted mice subsequent to protection from lethal radiation by WR 2721. Radiation Research 82(1):215–219.
- Kumar KS, Dobbs CR, Weiss JF, Chirigos MA (1980) Levamisole inhibition of microsomal lipid peroxidation as related to its sulfhydryl metabolite dl-2-oxo-3-(2-mercaptoethyl)-5-phenylimadazolidine. Journal of Immunopharmacology 2(1):73–83.
- Ledney GD, Stewart DA, Exum ED (1980) Proliferative responses of lympho-myelopoietic cells of mice after wound trauma. Journal of Trauma 20(2):141.147.
- MacVittie TJ, Walker RI (1979) Hematologic responses induced by endotoxin in normal and endotoxin tolerant dogs. Experimental Hematology 8(5):599–609.
- Marban E, Rink TJ, Tsien RW, Tsien RY (1980) Free calcium in heart muscle at rest and during contraction measured with Ca2+ -sensitive microelectrodes. Nature 286(5776):845–850.
- Mickley GA (1980) Behavioral and physiological changes produced by a supralethal dose of ionizing radiation: evidence for hormone-influenced sex differences in the rat. Radiation Research 81:48–75.
- Pellmar TC, Carpenter DO (1980) Serotonin induces a voltage-sensitive calcium current in neurons of Aplysia californica. Journal of Neurophysiology 44(3):423–439.
- Seligman BE, Gallin EK, Martin DL, Shain W, Gallin JI (1980) Interaction of chemotactic factors with human polymorphonuclear leukocytes: Studies using a membrane potential-sensitive cyanine dye. Journal of Membrane Biology 52(3):257–272.
- Trocha PJ, Catravas GN (1980) Prostaglandin levels and lysosomal enzyme activities in irradiated rats. International Journal of Radiation Biology, and Related Studies in Physics, Chemistry, and Medicine 38(5):503–511.
- Trocha PJ, Catravas GN (1980) Prostaglandins, lysosomes, and radiation injury. Advances in Prostaglandin and Thromboxane Research 7:851–856.
- Trocha PJ, Catravas GN (1980) Variation in cyclic nucleotide levels and lysosomal enzyme activities in the irradiated rat. Radiation Research 83(3):658–667.
- Valases C, Wright SJ Jr., Catravas GN (1980) Diurnal changes in cyclic nucleotide levels in the hypothalamus of the rat. Experimental Brain Research 40(3):261–264.
- Vieras F, Barron EL, Parker GA, Grissom MP (1980) Experimental evaluation of Tc-99m sulfur colloid as a potential imaging agent in thromboembolic disease: concise communication. Journal of Nuclear Medicine 21(8):723–728.
- Walker RI, Beasley WJ (1979) Evidence that antibodies to polysaccharide alter platelet responses to endotoxin in tolerant rabbits. Cancer Journal of Microbiology 26(10):1241–1246.
- Walker RI, Fletcher JR, Walden DA (1980) Participation of granulocytes and humoral factors in resolution of platelet aggregates during endotoxemia. Experentia 36(2):255–256.
- Walker RI, French JE, Walden DA, MacVittie TJ, Parker GA, Sobocinski PZ, Appelbaum FR (1980) Protection of dogs from lethal consequences of endotoxemia with plasma or leukocyte transfusions. Advances in Shock Research 4:89–101.
- Walker RI, Ledney GD, Exum ED, Porvaznik M, Merrell RB (1980) Responses to endotoxin of mice bearing the Lewis lung (3LL) carcinoma. Toxicon 18(5–6):573–580.
- Walker RI, Parker GA (1980) Clearance of inflammatory cells from the microcirculation of endotoxin-resistant C3H/HeJ mice. Cancer Journal of Microbiology 26(6):725–727.
- Walker RI, Willemze R (1980) Neutrophil kinetics and the regulation of granulopoiesis. Reviews of Infectious Diseases 2(2):282–292.
- Wiederhold ML, Zajtchuk JT, Vap JG, Paggi RE (1980) Hearing loss in relation to physical properties of middle ear effusions. Annals of Otology, Rhinology, and Laryngology 89(3 Pt 2):185–189.
- Wixon HN, Hunta WA (1980) Effect of acute and chronic ethanol treatment on gamma-aminobutyric acid levels and on aminooxyacetic acid-induced GABA accumulation. Substance and Alcohol Actions/Misuse 1(5–6):481–491.
|TOP OF PAGE